How long to get passport?

LinR
on 11/5/09 10:57 pm
Passport:

I just started the passport process in case I decide to go with Dr. S for PS.  How long did it take to get your passports after you applied?

Lin

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 11/5/09 11:32 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I'm in Canada, but I have a couple of friends who applied for theirs recently and received them within 2 weeks.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

EGSuzie
on 11/5/09 11:33 pm - Elk Grove, CA
I'm surprised they didn't let you know when you applied...it's quite an important bit of information.

My husband and I applied yesterday and chose to have them expedited @ 2-3 weeks delivery time, as my surgery w/Dr. S is on Dec. 22. But, the regular delivery rate is typically 4-6 weeks. Our postal rep. where we applied said if ours didn't reach us by the 2½ week mark, to call the number on our paperwork to check their status. I believe there is also a website to check status, as well.

Hope this helps! 

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/5/09 11:53 pm
It took us 6 weeks exactly to get our passports.  I love mine!  My 12 y/o one is "my before" picture - it was taken at my highest weight and my new one is "my during" picture!  I carry my old one with me, so that I can show people the difference.  I was shocked when I saw my old, expired one.  I wonder what the passport folks thought!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

TammyGirl1
on 11/5/09 11:54 pm - Oakley, CA
They told me 4-6 weeks but I actually got mine in about 3 weeks. Not expedited. I was concerned there may be a delay and she said they usually come in early as mine actually did. She did mention around the holidays people submit theirs last minute which causes them to be busier.
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/5/09 11:55 pm
I applied for mine in July and was told that they usually don't arrive early during the summer.  Are you all set Tammy?  I registered with the State Dept.  I just need a few more things on my list and I'm set!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 11/5/09 11:57 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Wow I guess my friends were lucky.

In Canada the standard time is 2 weeks, but you can get it within 2-10 days if you have proof of travel and pay the fee.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

LinR
on 11/6/09 12:57 am
Thanks everyone.

I couldn't find a place on the form that said how long it took and didn't ask the postal clerk.  Having my pictures done this weekend and hope to turn it in on Monday.

Lin

dw45
on 11/6/09 12:59 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I had mine back within two weeks!  I did NOT expedite it either.

That was about 5 weeks ago.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

lori J.
on 11/6/09 3:11 am - rome, GA
i got mine in one week not expedited either

Most Active