6 days until TT

M B.
on 11/5/09 8:12 pm - Warrensburg, MO
I can't believe I'm only 6 days away from - hopefully - a flat tummy.  Right now, looking down at the rolls of skin sitting in my lap it is hard to believe that it will really be gone. 

I feel like I have a ton of things to do.  Besides going out of town this weekend for a wedding - trying to prepare three weeks out at my job - training someone else to fill in - preparing the household - stocking up on groceries - paying all the bills - etc, etc.  Wow I'm really looking forward to kicking back with some pain medicine and having hubby wait on me hand and foot

Thanks to everyone who posts about their journey before and after.  It helps so much to read the recovery details.  I am hoping for a smooth recovery and plan to be off wor****il Nov 30. 

One of the questions I still have - I've seen people mention the scar sheets (not sure now what they are called???)  I've seen two types at Wal-mart - not sure what to get and at what stage in the healing to you use them?  They are a bit expensive and I did not want to buy the wrong thing or stock up too soon. 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

Soaplady
on 11/5/09 9:56 pm - Guilford, NY
Good luck to you!! I am 2 days from leaving for Mex so we are pretty much on the same timeframe. I am having lots more work done, but that flat tummy is MY golden egg to..

About the silicone sheets. I never heard of them until recently...but one thing I did find is that the silcone used in them is dimethicone...that is a lubricant with good slip but is sort of dry. It is used for amputees to apply to their stump before putting on prosthetics. Also they use dimethicome for "dry oil" body sprays.

I do know the sheets are expensive but if I read something correctly, you wash and reuse them. I dont understand how it stays viable if you wa****so, basically, someone with actual experience will have to answer your questions on it, but I thought I would bring some liquid dimeth. with me.  Maybe.

Please keep us posted on your progress!!

Soapy
M B.
on 11/5/09 11:42 pm - Warrensburg, MO

Thanks Soapy.  Best of luck to you also!  I'll be watching for your progress posts as well! 

Marilyn  
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"

dw45
on 11/5/09 10:35 pm - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Congrats and best of luck to you!

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

M B.
on 11/5/09 11:45 pm - Warrensburg, MO

Thanks - I'm so excited!

Marilyn  
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"

EGSuzie
on 11/5/09 11:39 pm - Elk Grove, CA
Yay, Marilyn!!! Less than a calendar week to a trim tummy! I can not wait to say the same thing.

I vaguely recall a couple of ladies on this board posting about those strips about a week back. Perhaps they will pop out of the woodwork...but you may want to start a new thread on the topic. I'll bet a lot of people would be interested to find out what the consensus is on them.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

Most Active