Why I Read the Plastics Board and Post Here....

MyLady Heidi
on 11/5/09 3:13 am
I have had three procedures done, an extended tt with muscle tightening, neck lift, neck lift revision and brachioplasty.  I had all these done at Yale in Connecticut using the residency program.  I had a good experience although I wish my neck was tighter and my arms were smaller, but I guess I believe you get what you pay for.  I read these boards and post here because my experience was real as was my recovery.  I didn't leave the country (nor would I, thats my personal view) and I don't promote residency programs because I assume they are all not created equal.  I chose Yale because of price and outcome.  I knew two people personally who had tt's done, I went on a consult with a friend prior to my consult and I loved Dr Persing the chief of staff, he was so nice and didn't make me feel embarassed or awkward.  Did I go see anyone else, nope, was this the right way to go, probably not.  But for me to make a decision to have a surgery and then follow up and actually do it was a big deal.  I hate surgery, but I hated my pre-op plastics body more, I still hate certain aspects of it that I can't afford to fix.  I don't try to sway anyone into anything except to tell my results and if so inclined people can view my graphic pics.  I guess I think of my posting here as well as on the main board as how I keep it all real and never forget or get to freakin ****y.  Its just my 2 cents.

Hugs Heidi

BigCityGirl
on 11/5/09 3:26 am - San Diego, CA

You've certainly come a long, long way on your journey.  Your're still young and maybe someday you might get some more work done.  I know you must be so happy with your results - just pull out an old photo if you ever get down on yourself.  It helps to keep perspective.

Good luck and congratulations on everything.  You look great.

Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
ShirleyG
on 11/5/09 3:45 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Your always so positive in your posts and so helpful. I know I have asked you a few things and you always responded right away . 
I think I read your getting a couple of revisions??  I need one or two as well and having the back half of the LBF in June and I should be complete ,,,,OK MAYBE NOT  lol  I may need something else as time goes on ...I hope not , my new bod has cost the price of a house in some neighborhoods :) 
Shirley
BigCityGirl
on 11/5/09 4:32 am - San Diego, CA
Thank you.  Yes, I had some final body contouring lipo done about 10 days ago.  It's so good to be finished, at least for the forseeable future.  One thing I learned through the plastics journey is that you need plenty of time between each phase to see how things settle.  It's been over a year since my last round and I've had ample time to see where the final work needed to be done and therefore, felt comfortable in getting this last phase complete knowing that this will probably be as good as it gets.

As for the expense of it all - I know I could be driving a new Mercedes right now if I didn't get plastics but frankly, I'd rather have the new body.  One thing is for certain, I'm gonna be more careful with this body than I every would be with a Mercedes Benz!  I'm determined never to abuse my body with food again.  This has been a long, expensive journey and I'm just grateful to God to have come this far and to have the body that I have today - both from a health and an appearance standpoint. 

Good luck with your upcoming work.  It's worth it. 
ShirleyG
on 11/5/09 5:32 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Have you had lipo around the knee area done . I had the thigh medial last supper and one knee needs some contouring ,,I have heard horror stories though on the legs having lipo especially around the knees or calfs..
Quite painful too I am thinking .
BigCityGirl
on 11/5/09 7:48 am - San Diego, CA
I know that before tumescent lipo, there were a lot of horror stories about knee and calf lipo.  I didn't have a lot removed from my knees.  Not too painful - looks worse than it feels.  So far, everything looks good but I realize the final results won't be in for a while yet.
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/09 3:45 am - Haleiwa, HI
Heidi,

I have to say that I think you look amazing, and it is awesome to see your transformation pictures!  You have done a fantastic job, and you are absolutely beautiful!  Congratulations on your success!

Jessica
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/5/09 4:27 am, edited 11/5/09 4:30 am
Heidi, you look great!  I think we all make choices which are good for us.  It's such a personal issue.  I watched a program on botched plastics in the US and they were all done at residency programs.  That scared me!  It was on the discovery health channel.  I know not everything you see on TV is true, but seeing that was enough to know that I needed to look elsewhere.  I have so much work to be done and my insurance has a total exclusion for anything related to plastics regardless if there are health issues involved or not.  I did research and decided on going out of the country.  There were a lot of reasons besides price.  I pray that my decision will serve me well.

You had a wonderful outcome.  Many many people do whether they go overseas or choose a residency program in the states. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Redhaired
on 11/5/09 4:29 am - Mouseville, FL
Heidi-
You look wonderful.  I mention the resident training programs anytime I think it is appropriate.  Not necessarily to sway anyone but to make them aware of the option.  So many people come to this board as a first stop in their research and most do not even know that the resident training programs are out there.  So I think you do a wonderful service when you share your experience.  I did not use a resident training program per say, but residents have been very involved in providing my care.  In my case, the residents do everything -- except operate, although they do assist the surgeons.

Red

JazzysGirl
on 11/5/09 11:11 am - North, GA
Hey Heidi-
I checked out your photos and they really look great!  I didn't know residency programs were available or an option for plastics.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I may go that route for new breasts if I decide to get them,

All the best-

Susan

iconsicons icons icons 

Most Active