Post TT Question

MistersMom65
on 11/3/09 8:30 am, edited 11/3/09 11:31 am - TN
I had my TT 13 days ago and have just came back to work today. My question is should I be able to walk fully straight up by now? With no real issues? I'm having more & more trouble today at work walking upright fully. I have a desk job. I'm wearing my Girdle/Compression Garment with a binder over that. My stomach muscles feel REALLY tight. I'm sure its silly but I'm afraid I'm going to tear something its so tight & I'm afraid that I'm going to heal stooped over slightly. Any info would be appreciated.
 ADDED: He did extended TT to go 1/2 around my back, (1/4 each side) plus lipo om my back, mons and tummy.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

katydidit64
on 11/3/09 8:59 am - north port, FL
Hi, I am not a professional but it seems to me that possibly you need to make an effort to get up and move about every 30min to and hour to help keep those mucsles stretched out and loose.  Just sounds to me like you might be sitting in one spot too long, especially this soon after surgery!  So maybe try getting up walking around the desk stretching your arms up to the ceiling! Also don't forget your Tylenol!

March 2009 Lower body lift with BA/BL - Cosmed Clinic Dr. F - TJ Mexico
April 2010   Tummy Tuck, Horizontal Thigh lift, Back Lipo/sculpting 
                    Dr. Luque - Mexicali MX

sonnieN
on 11/3/09 9:26 am - grand rapids, MI
I wouldn't really worry about it. It can take some people 3-4 weeks before they are walking completely upright. I know that I felt the tightness even after 6 weeks after my LBL. Sometimes it felt like I was wearing my binder even when I wasn't.  You have to remember they did tighten up all the muscles and pulled everything tight when they did your TT.

Sonya
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 10:22 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Everyone heals differently but I've read about many, many folks post-op and I think most are still not standing totally straight at 2 weeks. 
For me I was fairly straight but not completely.  I also notice that after sitting for a long time I am a little bend over when I first get up.  That still happens....like today....I was in the car for 2 hours and then got out and was bend over for the first few steps. 

Sometimes I would sort of try to push myself to stand erect but not too hard.  I too was worried that I was going to heal bent over but it has not happened....I'm sure you will straighten up too.  You are only 2 weeks out...give it some time....take it easy.

FYI - I am only just able to really sleep laying flat and fully stretched out.....and I'm still very careful.  I feel the tightness especially the whole area below my belly button.

Take it easy!!
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 11:04 am
It depends on how extensive the TT was,
    on your health before/after the surgery ...
          on your pain threshhold ....

I can tell you that at six weeks post-pannus-major-mondo-flab-ectomy .... I was still having trouble standing up and was nearly dragging my knuckles on the floor.  Of course, my surgeon very nearly cut me in half to cut off all the droopage ....

unfortunately the answer remains, "it depends" and "ask your surgeon" --

sorry I can't be more helpful.
Loris
on 11/3/09 12:10 pm - Midlothian, VA
Even though you have a desk job, 13 days is early to come back to work.  it is not surprising that you are having a rough day.  I hope you feel better soon.  Please try to completely ret at home.  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

Leah H.
on 11/3/09 1:39 pm - TX
I was going to say rest a lot when you can and walk as often as you can. When I had open gall bladder surgery in 1987 I wasnt able to walk upright for 3 weeks at least. And I was only 19, not as over weight and fairly healthy. Sometimes it's just harder. Take it easy, rest, stay hydrated and dont' hesitate to call your Dr. with any concerns.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

Most Active