Questions? Presurgery Wax and Lymphatic (sp?) massages ??

TammyGirl1
on 11/2/09 11:26 pm - Oakley, CA
So I have a few questions...

For anyone traveling for surgery..did you get legs/bakini area waxed before surgery since we can't/won't feel like shaving after? Or did you just go natural and let it grow baby grow .

On the subject of lymphatic massages. I heard they can help. When did you start doing them (if you did get them), how much do they run, and where can you get them? I have some gift certs for spas and wondered if they can be done there...

Thanks in advance!

Tammy
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

BigCityGirl
on 11/2/09 11:31 pm - San Diego, CA
My surgeon specifically said not to wax or shave prior to surgery.  Please check with his nurse prior to doing so.  As for the massages, my SIL had it done with her extended TT and lipo - it helped her. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/2/09 11:32 pm
I know Jessica talked about getting waxed.  IT's a great post on her blog.  I plan to nair everything and anything with hair on it.  Get my nails and hair done before flying out there.  I wondered about the lymphatic massages too.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 2:42 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi Tammy,

I asked Dr Sauceda this question, and he was ok with waxing.  Since waxing usually does not cause ingrown hairs, irritation, or bumps, he said that it would be just fine.  I am so glad I did because it would have been uncomfortable with all of the tape down there!  I had a lower body lift and thigh lift, and the hair definitely would have been an issue for me.  I made sure that I did it 1 week before surgery so if I did have some irritation, it would most likely be gone by then.  I had waxed before, so I knew how my body would react to it as well.  I also know that another woman on here waxed beforehand as well, and I think it was Charming if I remember correctly.  

I am about to start Lymphatic massage as well after talking to Dr S about this too.  He said it could be beneficial for swelling, but I needed to make sure I went to a Dr that was an expert in lympatic massage.  He said to start doing it during my 3rd week post op.  The price really varies, and I have found that out by calling around here in hawaii.  I have received all different price quotes!

Good luck!

Jessica
Anjail
on 11/3/09 5:08 am - Detroit, MI
My surgeon told me not to shave. They shaved me themselves. The reason she said don't shave was due to I might cut myself. If I had any cuts she would not do the surgery because it might get infected. So with that said I wasn't going to let anything as minor as a cut stop me from getting my tt the day it was scheduled.

I know this is kind of personal but my hair hasn't grown back really since she cut it. I dunno if it's because of the trauma down there or not. Hopefully it will get better. I know (too much info) but I'm sure some of you have experienced the same.
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 5:19 am
Waxing seems to be a very surgeon-specific issue.  

My doctor's office said wax .... EVERything -- the convo went like this:

I was wondering what I should do about hair .... should I

WAX!

No, I mean, if I wax, how much should I ...

EVERYTHING!

Really?  No, I mean ....

EVERYTHING!

You're kidding.  You mean ....

EVERYTHING!!!

Really?

EVERYTHING!!!

And that's precisely what I had done.  It was icky, but I had every last hair removed about three days ahead of time (so the skin could settle down) . . . 

It was great because the hair took a long time to grow back and there was no stubble.

But as you can see, it's a matter of asking your doctor (whether you travel or not)

It does, however, crack me up that people worry more about having themselves WAXED overseas, than they worry about having SURGERY overseas.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 5:48 am - Haleiwa, HI
Worrying about waxing overseas?  Who said anything about being waxed overseas?
Panda ..
on 11/3/09 6:54 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/09 6:59 am - Haleiwa, HI
No, he didn't say I had to wax.  It was completely my choice.  I would ask him about Nair or just really short.  I didn't ask him about any of that. 

It does hurt, but I spray Bactine on myself and rub it in about 5 minutes before I go in.  I also take a couple of Tylenol to help with the pain. 

TammyGirl1
on 11/3/09 7:26 am - Oakley, CA
Ouch! I have only had my lower legs waxed before so I am sure this will hurt bad :-)
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Most Active