How do I get the insurance company to pay for a body lift?

Jdcall1
on 11/2/09 8:40 am - Indianapolis, IN
I have gone through my weight loss surgery and lost 150 pounds. I am only 25 years old and don't want to live with this skin hanging all over me the rest of my life!!!! But I don't have 10k or 20k to pay for skin removal surgery!!!! I live in Indianapolis,IN. Is there anyone who can help me!!
Live Well
Redhaired
on 11/2/09 10:20 pm - Mouseville, FL
Much of it depends on your insurance policy's level of coverage.  But generally one has to prove medical necessity.  By that I mean you have to have documented evidence that the excess skin is causing on going physical problems that is not responsive to less invasive treatment; skin rashes and breakdown, yeast infections, back pain, and the like are all common grounds for insurance approval.  You might want to take a look at Dr. LoMonaco's website.  He has a couple of excellent articles posted there on getting insurance approval.  You might also want to look into using a plastic surgery resident training program; many offer reduced cost surgeries.  Many here have used resident training programs and had excellent care and results.

Red

http://www.drlomonaco.com/plastic-surgery-patient-resources. shtml

Most Active