Appeal Approved!

Michele220
on 10/30/09 1:22 am - Alexandria, VA
I am so absolutely happy for you!!!!  I have Blue Cross Federal also.  If you don't mind, could you please share with me what you did to get their approval?  I have lost over 140 lbs with 35 more to go, and am hoping they will do the same for me.

Thank you so much for letting us know about your success with getting the insurance company to pay.

Congratulations again.

Michele
BonBon1
on 10/30/09 8:06 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks, Michele!   My best advice is to document everything, rashes, back problems, etc. Keep track of receipts for meds if you have rashes, and take lots of photos.  The other thing is make sure you call them before applying for coverage and find out exactly what their requirements are at the time.  Then follow that to the letter. 
  I think I might have been approved from the beginning but a dr. I had a consult with went right ahead without my approval and send them a request for the panni surgery.  She didn't send any of the documentation I had been saving or anything other than two photos she took.  So I got denied, and had to go through all the trouble of an appeal.  Needless to say, I will not be using her services!
   The dr. I will be using asked for both a panni removal and a complete tummy tuck, which is two different medical codes.  And they were both approved! 
   Congrats on your weight loss, you are doing great!  If I can help with anything, send me a pm anytime.
Leslie T.
on 10/30/09 11:27 am - Northern, KY
Congrats!!!!  Keep us posted on your journey :)
RNY 5/2008 180 pounds lost from highest weight.   TT and arms done 12/2009
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Hopeful-OH
on 11/9/09 7:47 am - Fairborn, OH
Bonnie - Congratulations on your good news.  I also have BC/BS Fed & just today had an appointment with a new PS & she plans on contacting them about doing a Panniculectomy on me.  When discussing the insurance coverage they said if I had the following:  1) maintained my weight loss for at least 18 months, 2) lost at least 100 pounds, 3) documented rashes  & 4) my tummy hung over my pubic bone, there should be no problem.  I am getting a letter from my PCP about the rashes, but now I'm wondering just how detailed it needs to be.  I also only have the pictures taken from the office today (and believe me, I've had much worse rashes than today, but no pictures).  My doctor has prescribed lotion and powder & has probably been doing so for about 8 months.  After reading they disapproved you I'm worried I may not have enough to back mine up.  Any thoughts?
Thank you for your advice & happy healing.
Most Active