Appeal Approved!

BonBon1
on 10/29/09 8:06 am - Somewhere, GA
I just received news that my appeal has been approved for not only the panniculectomy but for a full tummy tuck!!  Wow, I'm so shocked, I can't believe they are paying for the whole thing which will include a night in the hospital.  It will probably be done soon, too,  maybe in the next couple of weeks.   I planned to get an arm lift at the same time but will have this done separately later.
Maybe for the best as I was getting very nervous about them being done at the same time.
I'll post more as plans develop.
      I have Blue Cross Fed if anybody is trying to get their plastics with them, by the way.
                                                               Bonnie
azreggie
on 10/29/09 8:45 am - Tucson, AZ
Congrats, that's wonderful!

Reggie

BonBon1
on 10/30/09 7:41 am - Somewhere, GA
Thank you, Reggie, I'm all excited about it!   Not to mention shaking all over nervous!
                                                         Bonnie
susie64
on 10/29/09 11:02 am
Congratualations Bonnie!!  That is wonderful news!  Keep us updated and let us know when you get it scheduled.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
BonBon1
on 10/30/09 7:42 am - Somewhere, GA
Thanks!  I hope to get the surgery scheduled quickly, around Nov. 9th or 10th.  I want to get it done and move on to recovery!
Melissa M.
on 10/29/09 1:27 pm - Seabrook, TX
That is awesome!  I had BCBS Fed last year and since i didn't have any documented rashes, they wouldn't approve me.
BonBon1
on 10/30/09 7:55 am - Somewhere, GA

BCBS wasn't too easy to deal with about this.  After being denied,  we took pics not only of my huge panni, but close-ups of the awful rash I get all the time.  My DH wrote them a killer letter to go along with it and I guess that did the trick.  I'm sorry you were denied though.  It's just so tough to get these things approved.
                 Good luck to you!

Soaplady
on 10/30/09 1:06 am - Guilford, NY
Yippee! It is always great news to hear about an appeal that is a winner. Good for you and good luck

Soapy
BonBon1
on 10/30/09 7:57 am - Somewhere, GA
Soapy, thanks!   This is such a miracle to us, believe me, there isn't much extra money around here, for surgery or anything else.  I was determined not to give up!
Soaplady
on 10/30/09 11:14 am - Guilford, NY
This is proof positive that perserverance pays off! ( I look at it like this...they want to give you a run for your money so you will back off. If they get one out of 3 to back off, they are happy. If you keep on you will wear them out. It is just cheaper after a while to pay the price than to fight it any longer.)

It is also good motivation for others who are one the verge of giving up. Way to go, Bon Bon!
Most Active