Post OP - 2 months....Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 7:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL

Post OP 8 weeks… I'm still amazed at how good I feel.  Sure I’ve had a few tough moments but all in all I’m THRILLED with my recovery.  Friends can see the latest picture posted.

I’m sleeping pretty well and can lay down flat BUT I’m very careful about it.  I still bend my knees all the way up before getting up from laying flat.  I also bend them up and twist at the hips before turning on my side.  When I stretch my legs out I can feel the pulling of muscles but it is not pain…not at all….I’m just aware of things stretching a bit.  

Still no big problems with swelling.   I wear my compression garment every day and I swear that is making the difference for me.  I even put the binder on top when I’m standing in the kitchen cooking for hours.  However am I noticing this afternoon I have a little puffiness in my tummy....I think this is because I did my bike ride again this morning.  So I'm now resting on top of the bed and I have an ice pack on my belly.

****WAHOOOOOO*****As of this past Saturday (the 7.5 week mark) I weigh 6 lbs less than surgery day and to Dr told me he took off between 5-7 lbs (I had a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift that day).

Thankfully I've had no issues with my belly button.  I was so afraid of complications from the belly button or my "seams" splitting open but I've had no problems (only had 2 spitting stitches and the surgeon took care of it in his office, no problems).

I still get a little tired after a very busy day but for the most part feel almost back to normal.  I no longer get exhausted just taking a shower like I did the first 4 weeks.  I have not been loading up on protein lately and I think that contributes to my feeling a little tired.  I'm going to add back an extra scoop of protein powder to my daily food intake and see if that helps.

It’s amazing how the body heals itself.  I promised myself I will take care of my new body!

I'm starting to plan and get ready for my next procedure in Dec....finishing the LBL with the Butt Lift w/Augmentation and the Outer Thigh Lift.  I'll starting protein loading again in about 2 weeks in preparation for the next procedure.  I've already started to cook and freeze meals so they are ready for post-op. 

I could not be happier with the results of my tummy tuck!!!!!!!

More later....
Ruth

cleos_mom
on 10/29/09 9:30 am - phila., PA
 Hi Ruth
your pictures are great he did a great job, your arms look good also.
I am 11 month out TT and when I lay down flat & stretch out my legs I can still feel my muscles,
When I am walking it still feels like I have a girdle or binder on even when I am naked. I like the tightness
CONGRATS to you
Susan
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/09 5:40 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Susan,
Thanks for the ongoing support.

Yep the arms have gotten better....the lipo made a big a difference for me.  Too bad it wasn't done at the same time...oh well....I have a new surgeon (who did the tummy tuck) and I adore him and am thrilled with his work so I'll have him do another revision on the arms.  By next march (1 year later) I can actually be done with the arms.  LOL

When you going in.....was it Nov or Dec?

TTFN
Ruth
cleos_mom
on 10/30/09 9:53 am - phila., PA

I am getting my arms done on Nov 23 , I go in for PAT"S on Wednesday
I will keep you posted.
maybe by March you may like your arms and not get them cut again, I am getting lipo on my upper abdomen above my belly button I didn't get the anchor cut like you, and since my skin is tighter you can see fat pockets looks like cellulite I never had that before it just popped out a couple months ago
Susan

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 10:24 am - Haleiwa, HI
You look great Ruth!  Congratulations on your success!

Jessica
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/09 5:41 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks Jessica.
And
So do you!!!!
Leah H.
on 10/29/09 10:49 am - TX
Congrats!

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

FLGail
on 10/29/09 11:31 am - Sun City, AZ
Hey Ruth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Small waist their girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Looking Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                                             Gail
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 12:16 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Geez you haven't left town yet and already changed your location to AZ....LOL.....you guys are eager to go I guess.
FLGail
on 10/29/09 10:16 pm - Sun City, AZ
Two weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                         Gail
Most Active