My turn! Advice PLEASE!!

katiekat412
on 10/28/09 9:59 am
Thanks!! Its like I"m afraid I won't like what I see, but I'm sure it will be wonderful. I'm on my way to check out your page.

Thanks!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 10:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I know what you mean......I was afraid to look on my second day post-op but the nurse made me look when she was giving me a shower.  I was THRILLED with what I saw!

Best wishes!
Mendee M.
on 10/28/09 10:08 am - Mulvane, KS
On the topic of pain meds... What does Dr. S give in the clinic, and what does he give when you are at the hotel?

I cannot take Lortabs as the give me monster migraines. I can handle Percocet, however the last few times I had to take it, it made my pouch hurt! I know my primary care physician would give me a script for the liquid Percocet, but I don't know if I am allowed to take it into Mexico...
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 10:19 am - Haleiwa, HI
Honestly, I am not for sure what he gave me  because the names are different in Mexico.  The first IV meds I got did not work on me and gave me a huge migrane! He changed that and also gave me a shot of morphine in my arm, and that did the trick.  My IV blew on day 2, and they tried to get another IV started on me and didn't get one.  I chose for them to not try and stick me again and see how I did on oral drugs, and I did just fine.  I have no idea what he gave me then either, but I was on straight Ibuprofin and my Tylenol PM when I went to the hotel on day 4.  I didn't need anything more, but I know Tony was on some stronger stuff while in the hotel.  Now, I just take 2 Tylenol PM before I go to bed, and that is all I am taking. He is very accomodating on pain meds and does NOT want you to be in pain. 

Jessica
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 10:58 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sorry I can't help you with that.....I did not have surgery with Dr. S.......
I'm sure he'll be able to give you meds that won't bother you.  :-)
shscharger
on 10/28/09 11:50 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
Hey Mendee

I do not think you would have a problem with taking it into MX. Just keep it in the orginal bottle / box with your name on it .  He did change what I was taking in the hotel a couple of times and even helped me get something to help me sleep . (That has been an issue since dropping 200 pounds and had nothing to do with this surgery . )  I would go ahead and take something with you if you can just to make sure . We all know that what works for one person may not work for another . But like Jessica said -- I saw first hand how he does not like for anyone to be in pain !!  

Good luck to you all !

Tony

PS  Any of you ladies wondering about the before and after of the surgery  -- well I saw first hand the changes to Jessica and Debbie .   Boy what a difference he made for both of them !!  (Just from a guys view !! )  
TammyGirl1
on 10/29/09 5:24 am - Oakley, CA
Tony, how is Debbie? I have not seen her post with exception to right after surgery....
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

shscharger
on 10/29/09 5:49 am - MS
VSG on 12/10/07 with
She had a little swelling but it has started going down now.  She went and had the stitches removed from her arms yesterday and I think the rest come out Friday .  Sounds really good on the phone and still happy with her out come .

And since Philly won the first game of the World Series -- her head is probably a little swollen this morning !!  LOL  (She is a big Philly fan !!) 

I'm sure she will be on sometime soon .  Maybe she is still taking pictures daily ??  Don't really know for sure .
TammyGirl1
on 10/29/09 6:56 am - Oakley, CA
Thanks for the update!!! Take care.
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

Chris D
on 10/28/09 12:09 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I can't wait to go to Mexico.  I have problems picturing what I am going to look like.  I feel like just telling Dr. S. to do what ever he thinks is necessary and I will deal with paying for it  lol.  I hate making decisions.   Ohhhhhhhh  and I've given up looking at before and after BL/BA pics...  I'm just going to let him fix me  lol.  (I'm just coming off 2 night shifts and I'm rather numb between the ears, thus the lack of caring about anything at all)  lol

Most Active