My turn! Advice PLEASE!!

katiekat412
on 10/28/09 6:06 am
OMG! In two weeks it's my turn to have surgery: TT, BL/BA, AL, and lipo. So this is a really vague question, I know, but what should I know??

Like when I had RNY I was SOOO glad that I new that people had buyers remorse immediately after- I woke up and thought "what did I do to my body?!" Now of course, I think its the best thing ever.

What about walking around with the drains? I know people posted suggested things in the past, but it was before I was ready to think about it!

How many days until I can/will want to go in public for short walks?

Did you live on protein shakes?

I"M SO NEVERVOUS!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 6:49 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi Katie!  Breathe in and breathe out!  LOL!  :)  I had a little buyers remorse when I saw how HUGE my boobs looked after surgery.  I couldn't get over how big they were, but they settled in nicely and are not nearly as big as they were.  Don't forget that you will be swollen, and it will get better.  Drains really were not that bad.  I had 5, and I just clipped them to a lanyard around my neck.  I still have 1 drain, and noone even notices that I have it when I am out in public.  I still keep it clipped to the lanyard or I pin it to my garment and tuck the bulb in to a pair of panties.  I usually don't wear panties unless I am going out though. 

You will be able to go out in public sooner than you think.  I went down to hotel lobby for breakfast every morning after I got to the hotel and to Happy hour on Tues, Wed, and Thurs.  I did drink a protein shake everyday, but you are fed well in the clinic.  I would order my food, and it seemed that the nurses would add on something like fruit or dessert for me each time.  I was grateful for that, so and you can order whatever you want.  I was in the clinic for 4 days, but could have gone to the hotel on day 3.  McDonalds is literally right next door, and there is an Applebees on the other side of the hotel.  Eating is really not a problem at all! 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jessica
Leah H.
on 10/28/09 7:21 am - TX
Do you have a drain if you have a breast lift or are they mainly for TT's. I have asked Dr. S questions but I am just asking.

Also I am assuming I'll have a lollipop incision for a lift.

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 8:20 am - Haleiwa, HI
I did not have drains for my boobs, but I had a lift plus my implants were placed over the muscle.  Debbie had a lift and implants under the muscle, and she had drains for her boobs. I had the lollipop incision as well.
katiekat412
on 10/28/09 10:07 am
Yeah, like Jessica said. Some people get em, some people don't. I was supposed to have the implants over the muscle, but i've been killing myself at the gym, and I don't know if I have enough breast tissue left. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do!!

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

dctlct
on 10/28/09 7:45 am
Hi,
I'm sorry to bug you,completely different question than you asked but I was wondering what's your total amount for surgery. I am considering Dr Sauseda and I would need the exact same procedures as you are having.Thanks.
Aloha,
Linda
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 8:22 am - Haleiwa, HI
Linda,

I wasn't for sure if you were talking to me or Katie, but I had a lower body lift, breast lift with implants, small thigh lift, and lipo with fat grafting to my butt.  I paid $14K.
katiekat412
on 10/28/09 10:09 am
Mine is $11,000. I don't have a lot of extra skin so I think that makes my price a little lower. Unfortunately, I have just enough fat and sag to look like a 70 year old chubby woman. There's nothing I can do except get the PS!

Mendee M.
on 10/28/09 7:48 am - Mulvane, KS
I think he said I would have them, and I am having my arms done, as well as a BL\BA.
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 8:44 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WAHOOOO...how exciting!
I have a long list of things I did and purchased to get ready...it's on my blog on the OH profile.

Best advise is to be sure to take your pain meds on schedule especially the first 2-3 days and then take them depending on your pain level.  If you manage the pain and keep it in check you'll be fine.

Drains are a pain but not painful (know what I mean).

I'm sure you'll wake up and the first time you see the new you you'll love it!

Best wishes!!
Most Active