Varicose vein treatment?

katrn05
on 10/28/09 8:16 pm - Troy, MI
Has anyone had laser treatment on their varicose veins or any sort of treatment on their varicose veins? I'm about to schedule a consult with a doctor to have mine looked at. They are unsightly. I am just curious about other peoples' experience with the procedures.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 2:49 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yes I have.
I had a varicose vein (a big thick wrinkly vein) removed and I've had  spider veins (aka surface veins) removed with sclarotherapy.
I need to go back after all my plastics are done and finish getting the spider veins removed.

The sclarotherapy for the spider veins is not as bad as having a varicose vein removed...that was not fun having it pulled out.  But not the worst thing I've ever been thru.  The worst part for me was being awake during it.

The sclarotherapy is easier...I just felt "pressure" when the needle goes in and they inject the fluid.  You go home sore but ok and then have to wear VERY TIGHT pantyhose for a couple of weeks (depending on how much is done and what the dr says).

Hope that helps.
katrn05
on 10/29/09 3:40 am - Troy, MI
Thanks for the reply. I made an appointment at the Vein Center in the Lumiere Medical Spa for next week. I'm hoping to have laser treatment for my varicose veins but I will see what the doc says. Have you had any complications? Was it recommended only after losing all of your excess weight? And if you don't mind me being nosy, how much did it cost?

Most Active