swelling

goglesby
on 10/28/09 1:18 pm - Crandall, GA

When does the sweeling go away?? i feel like i have more swelling now than after surgury!! I wear a compression garment all day long and sometime i sleep with it and sometimes without. It has been 9 weeks since my hernia repair that was the size of a dinner plate and pani. thanks for the info!

Melissa M.
on 10/28/09 2:07 pm - Seabrook, TX
Welcome to the club!  My swelling was at its worst shortly after surgery.  I am 4 months out and still swelling.  Swelling can last up to 6 months or even a year unfortunately.  I'm sure if you go through some old posts you'll see lots of complaints of swelling.  Drink plenty of water and stay away from salt and processed food to cut back on the sodium.  Just give it time.  It will eventually resolve on its own...at least that what my surgeons keep telling me!!
totalfreedom
on 10/29/09 5:30 am - Northern CA
Unfortunately, I've yet to see when the swelling goes away.  It is so.... much better, but I still swell along my incision lines and funny now in my tummy (that didn't happen until 6 months out).

I am 10 months out from intial LBL/Thigh Lift/TT/BL.  I had some lipo done in May and scar revisions.  There was one lady who posted and said it is finally over at 18 months out.

There are others who say it was done for them at 4 or 6 months.  They are so lucky.  Hope you will be too.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

Melissa M.
on 10/29/09 7:05 am - Seabrook, TX
Hi Kelli, I'm sure some of your continued swelling is from the extra lipo you had done.  My dr told me to expect some swelling after I get my lipo done at my next round of plastics which will be at my 6month post LBL point.  My lymphatic massage therapist also told me that lots of the clients she sees for massages after lipo can swell for months as well.  I just have to tell myself not to expect final results until I'm a year out.  If it happens before, great.  If not, at least I won't be disappointed!  Frustrated, yes.
totalfreedom
on 10/31/09 4:55 am - Northern CA
Hi, thanks.  I did do lymphatic massage for awhile when swelling was unbearable.  It does help.  But at $50 bucks a session, it is hard to keep it up.

I may treat myself again soon though.  I refinance the house and lowered my house payments, so maybe I can afford a treat now.  :-)

I have refrained from doing my arms because of my swelling issues.  I need to see if swelling in me will truly go away in the next year.  At this point my arms aren't so bad that I would change them for the dreaded swell hell.

I have no swelling in my breast area, go figure.  But the swelling in my thighs, butt and tummy are annoying, but the hanging skin there was worse.  I do look alot better.  So the trade off was worth it.

Thanks for the info on the LIPO swelling.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

DrL
on 10/31/09 4:19 am - Houston, TX
Ugggh. Thats wy they call it "swell hell."  Heres more on it...

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/tummy-tuck/swell-hell-wh at-normal-t57927.html
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active