If you had a TT..

azreggie
on 10/28/09 12:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
What kind of compression garment did you use?  Thigh length, suspender top, Stage 1 or would Stage 2 do for both stages?  What brand, and how long did you wear it? I'm suppose to purchase my own and they will put it on just after surgery so that's why all the questions.  I tried one on today and it was too small.  I couldn't get one side to close, so they said they would order me one.  I have 3 weeks until surgery so I want to be prepared. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Reggie

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 1:08 pm
It really is best to have the surgeon's office provide the first compression garment.  You will be wed to it for about two weeks, and in that time you can order something a little less restrictive, if you would like.

They pour you into it immediately post-op, before you wake up.  I have no idea HOW.  
MSHAMO
on 10/28/09 1:53 pm - AUBURN HILLS, MI
My PS office supplied one for me. It was called a binder, about 8-10 inches tall with velcro to wrap around. If your Dr. office won't supply you with one, call the hospital where you will be having the surgery. Good luck, you will love your TT. Make sure to take stool softeners, the meds can block you.
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Melissa M.
on 10/28/09 2:14 pm, edited 10/28/09 2:14 pm - Seabrook, TX
The garment I wore went from below the breast all the way down to my knees. It had the hook and eye closure along with the zippers on each side and an open crotch.  When I tried one on before hand it was super tight that I could hardly even zip it much less breathe.  The nurse said that size was fine because I would be losing lots of flab from my stomach and it would fit me fine after surgey.  She was right.    I used that garment for about 6 weeks and then moved into a spanx/flexees type of shapeware that was firm.  In fact I always wear one of the 3 that I bought and I'm 4 months out.  It helps with swelling.
azreggie
on 10/29/09 1:34 am - Tucson, AZ
It sounds just like the one I tried on yesterday but couldn't get it closed around the middle.  This is most helpful.  I was wondering if when they do the surgery that it will fit better in the middle.  Thank you so much, this is just what I was looking for.

Reggie

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 2:37 pm - Haleiwa, HI
Here is a link to the one I was given.  It is actually very comfortable!

http://designveronique.com/cgi-bin/ic/dv2/850.html

The website gives you instructions on how to measure yourself for sizing.  Dr Sauceda did my measurements, and it fits prefectly.  It has hooks and zippers on both sides, crotchless, and adjustable straps.  I am almost 3 weeks post op lower body lift, small thigh lift, lipo with fat grafting to my butt.  I also wear a bra from Design Veronique because I had a lift with augmentation.  The body garment gets really good reviews on makemeheal.com as well.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/productFullReviewList.do?id=10214

Hope that helps!

Jessica
azreggie
on 10/29/09 1:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Thank you Jessica, this is just the kind of help I was looking for.

Reggie

TammyGirl1
on 10/29/09 5:13 am - Oakley, CA
Jessica, did you have to order the bra or did DR S provide it for you?
TT, BL/BA, Lipo, FG/Booty, and small TLcompleted with DR Sauceda
SW 201 / GW 134 / LW 129 / CW 137.6
http://tammygirlsjourney.blogspot.com/

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 5:34 am - Haleiwa, HI
Dr S provides the garments for you.  I made sure that 2 sets of garments were included in my price.  I am pretty sure he does give everyone 2 sets of garments now, but it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Jessica
Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/29/09 3:14 pm
Thanks for the link Jessica!
I just emailed Dr S to ask him if I needed to order my size.  I measured myself and I'll need a larger sized one.  I'm not sure he will have those larger sizes.  I'm assuming they measure pre-op?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active