What is the difference between a LBL & a Large TT

Leah H.
on 10/28/09 5:47 am - TX
Is it that a LBL goes all the way around? 

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

sonnieN
on 10/28/09 5:51 am - grand rapids, MI
That and it also includes some of the outer thighs. I had lipo on my outer thighs and they were lifted along w/ the LBL.
Leah H.
on 10/28/09 7:15 am - TX
Thanks

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 8:45 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
The LBL goes all the way around to your backside.....it lifts your butt and your outer thighs.

susie64
on 10/28/09 9:34 am
I asked this question to my surgeon the other day.  I don't have my notes with me but I can post them in the morning.  Maybe Dr. L will be on and he can explain.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 9:57 am - Haleiwa, HI
Lower body lift goes all the way around and "lifts" the outer thighs, butt, mons area, tummy, etc.  The tummy is pulled down, and tummy muscles are repaired in most cases.  Also, a new belly button is made at the same time. 

Hope that helps!

Jessica
katiekat412
on 10/28/09 10:15 am
The definition can differ. A typical full TT (there are minis which are different) has an incision that goes from hip bone to hip bone. That incision can be extended to any degree to lift the outer thighs as well (extended TT). If you need a but lift and an incision that goes around back, that's a LBL.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

susie64
on 10/28/09 10:37 pm
Ok, I asked Dr. S the very same question and here is his response:

The lower body lift we made an incision all around your body, and this makes a lift in your butt. Also fix your tummy and your outer thigh, In the extended tummy tuck we do exactlly the same but the butt lift.

I was more confused after I got his response.  Does this make any sense to anyone else?

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
Anjail
on 10/28/09 11:20 pm - Detroit, MI
Yup totally make sense to me. I had the extended tt. My scar doesn't go quite all the way around me but it goes from hip to hip. It completely flatten my tummy and pulled my hips (outer thigh) up some to give that hour glass look. It didn't lift my behind but then again I don't have any problems in that area. I'm very large in that area and didn't need it lifted or made any bigger. than it already is. LOL!!!!!!!
Most Active