Tumescent Lipo - the First 48. . . .

BigCityGirl
on 10/28/09 2:00 am, edited 10/28/09 2:51 am - San Diego, CA
I had my long-awaited lipo on Monday.   I had lipo to my flanks, braline and knees.  I have a lot of swelling and soreness and bruising and draining but I'm sure all this will resolve and things will look great.  Removing my binder for the first time yesterday in the surgeon's office was difficult - felt like I was fainting!  It's a whole lot different than any of the other procedures I've had done and I'm anxious to get through this difficult phase and back to my normal state.  I look and feel like I've been run over by a truck!   I'm feeling better today and the Percoset helps. 

My surgeon anticipates excellent results.  This was the last of my plastic procedures - at least for the foreseeable future and I'm thrilled to be done.   It will probably be weeks before I post any photos even though all this brusing would produce interesting viewing in the spirit of Halloween I'd really not want to scare off anyone from having this done. 

In retrospect, I'm very happy with the way I phased my surgeries.  Here's the rundown:

Sept 2007 - LBL
Jan 2008 - BR,BL & Autoaugmentation with brachioplasty
Oct 2008 - Facelift (including coronal brow, lower eyes and neck)
Oct 2009 - Final lipo contouring of problem areas - braline, flanks and knees.

Although my thighs are not perfect, the're good enough.  Fortunately, I did not carry excessive weight in my thighs so I was able to forego the medial thigh lift that many others need.

If I could give anyone advice about phasing of surgeries, I'd definitely advise to go slowly. It's not a race and it's important to regain one's strength between procedures.

Thanks for your support.  I'll continue to post here from time to time.  Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
cleos_mom
on 10/28/09 3:05 am - phila., PA
hope you are feeling better, is the pain  bad, I am haveing that done to some problem areas when I have my Brachio in November, would  love to see before & after pix
Susan
BigCityGirl
on 10/28/09 3:25 am - San Diego, CA
Susan,

The pain is very bad from the flank lipo.  I had lots done there and it's difficult to stand up from a lying down position.   I'm not much of a drug taker so I've only used Percoset sparingly.  I took one this morning and I feel okay right now.  The binder seems to take my breath away - I feel a little light-headed when I stand up.  Yesterday, we changed out of a medium binder and went to a large one.  It doesn't seem to make much difference in this feeling I get when I stand up.  I'm not eating but I'm drinking a lot of water.  Frankly, it was a lot worse than I thought it would be.  I don't want to scare you off, but it's a difficult recovery so far.  The surgeon says, the recovery process will be quick so I'm hoping that each day out I'll feel a whole lot better.

I probably won't be posting photos anytime soon due to the bruising however I will, in the next week or so, post my before and after measurements - hopefully that will be useful information for you and others.  
dw45
on 10/28/09 3:45 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Glad to hear you are finished with your plastics...I'm sure that is a good feeling.

Hope your recovery goes well for you.

Rest and take it easy...but you already know that.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 5:39 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Donna,
WOW, I thought you were going on the 29th.  I was going to send you a note tonight.  I feel bad. 
Sorry I didn't get to you before you went in.!

I hope the soreness dissipates quickly.
Keep me posting on how you are feeling.  I'll check in with you in a couple days.
Ruth

Melissa M.
on 10/28/09 8:04 am - Seabrook, TX
Thanks for sharing.  I'm hoping to have some lipo in a few areas too when I do my arms.  I had lots of bruising when I had my LBL since they had done some lipo on my back as well.  It looked bad too with the bruising and all.  Do you have any idea how much was lipod?  I have lots of back fat I think and I wouldn't be surprised if I'd have to do lipo in a couple of phases.  You really didn't look like you needed too much lipo.  I think you're PS results have been great!

Melissa
BigCityGirl
on 10/28/09 10:51 am - San Diego, CA
Thanks fopr the compliment.  The big area was my flanks because I didn't get them lipo'ed with my LBL and even at my low weight, there was a lot of fat there still.  My dilemma was that I didn't want to have implants and any futuer weight loss was starting to come off my boobs and butt - two areas that I don't want any smaller.  I think it was the practical thing to do in my case.  The braline fat never went away as well - not sure why.  My knees have always been beefy even when I was a teenager and weighed 114!  I'll find out how much was lipoed and post.  Thanks again.
cleos_mom
on 10/29/09 9:36 am - phila., PA
Hi Donna
Thanks for your reply, I don't like to take pain pills cause they make me nauseous, but I am not having my flanks done that was one when I had my butt & back lift< I had it at the same time as my inner thigh and the thighs were so painful it took away from the back I am scheduled for Nov 23rd
thanks Susan
Most Active