Thigh lift experiences...

bkdsize10
on 10/28/09 6:08 am - Salem, VA
I'd like to hear from anyone who's had a thigh lift. Good experiences and bad.

Barbara 
329/309/168/160
http://www.geocities.com/redhdmamma

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/09 8:41 am, edited 10/28/09 9:24 am - Haleiwa, HI
I had a small thigh lift done almost 3 weeks ago.  They haven't bothered me at all and was probably the easiest part of all of my procedures.  What type are you looking at having? I just poted a couple of new pictures on my OH profile.  Maybe you can see my thigh incisions better.

Jessica
sonnieN
on 10/28/09 9:42 am - grand rapids, MI
I just had my thigh lift on Friday. At first I thought it was the worst pain I've had so far. The incisions are very tender and sitting and walking have been difficult. The first 3 days I thought I would die everytime that I had to go to the bathroom.

Now that I'm 5 days out it is getting better. The pain has gotten better as long as I stay on schedule w/ the pain meds. The sitting, especially on the toilet has gotten much easier. So now I'm thinking that the results that I have will be worth the pain I'm going thru.

Definately make sure you have help around the first few days. A toilet seat extender would be helpful (wasn't for me because I  was too short but for an average or tall person would be great).

Sonya
Renee2007
on 10/28/09 12:22 pm - Central, FL
I had a thigh lift and an arm lift a week ago. The thighs hurt!!!  Out of all of the procedures I've had done the thighs have been the most uncomfortable for me. My incisions are in the goin area and extend into my butt cheeks. They go down my thigh to about 4 or 5 inches above my knee. I'm healing well but the incisions are very sensitive. You just can't walk or sit without stretching your legs. I agree about having help if at all possible. My DH has saved me many of steps and getting up and down that I'm sure is helping in my healing process. My pain has been tolerable by staying on top on my pain meds. I feel the most comfortable with my legs at least elevated in the recliner.

I have no regrets and I'll post pictures once I'm healed a bit more. I guess it's just so individual and everyone has such different experiences. I think a lot of it depends on how extensive the lift was as to your amount of mobility and pain.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

cbhjr98
on 10/29/09 1:26 am
The thighs (both times for me - just had a revision) were the easiest - barely noticed them. The first time (the worst time) I had them done w/ an LBL so the pain of the LBL out shined the pain of the thighs so you didn't notice. The second time were more of an annoyance where the stitch ends in the back of the groin. I had them done w/ my arms.

Niether times would I say the pain of my thighs were worse than the other procedures I've had though.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
cleos_mom
on 10/29/09 2:22 am - phila., PA
I had an inner thigh lift from the knee to my groin checl out my pix, the pain was worse then the TT for about the first 3 days, get a high rise toilet seat that will help it hurt to walk but I kept walking anyway so I wouldn't get stiff. was it worth it? YOU BET
good luck Susan
Susan S.
on 10/30/09 5:46 am - Roselle, NJ
I had a medial thigh lift in March - six months after my LBL (which was a year ago today - just got out of the OR about now)........I did not have the hockey stick extension - which is where the most wound breakdown occurs - and according to my surgeon I was the first medial thigh on record with no issues.  It wasn't as challenging as the LBL - which was so rough because of the muscle work - but I did wear drains until they infiltrated - and we had to pull them when they were still putting out over 90 ccs each.   EVen with that I didn't experience terrible swelling - it was my last plastic procedure.......and I am so glad it is behind me.   There are pictures of my preop markings and some shots a few weeks out on my profile.........Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Most Active