Have surgery scheduled with Dr Sauceda

N H.
on 10/28/09 12:54 am - FL
Good Mornining All!

How far out did you start planning?  I have lost 66 to date.  My original goal was 140-that would leave another 26 to lose but I am in a loose 12/snug 10 now and am fairly happy with that size.

Do any of still have weight to lose?  I have read where some start plastics when they still have weight to lose but are close to goal and others have waited several months after they reached their goal.

Any thoughts?

And another question for you knowledgeable ladies--how do you know if you need a TT or a LBL?  What is the tipping scale on that?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Nancy
                                          Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
katiekat412
on 10/28/09 2:45 am
I started looking before I had WLS   Actually, I started the research early because I knew money and finance was going to be such an issue. You just never know which parts are going to end up the worst before you lose the weight.

Generally, plastic surgeons "require" that you have a BMI of 30 or less, although some are lenient if you've demonstrated good effort and you are healthy. Also, GENERALLY speaking, you have to be at least a year out, some say at least 18 months. More importantly, you can't be losing a lot at the time of the surgery- your body won't be able to heal and the results won't be good. One surgeon I went to said no more than 5 lbs per month for the last three months.

If you feel like your butt is a wrinkly deflated appendage, you need a LBL. If you just feel like somone removed a beach ball from your stomach, then its just a TT. They can do anything inbetween too, depending on where your sag is.

Good luck.

Highest weight 250/ SW 233/Lowest Weight 135/Regain Highest 175/Current Weight 160

N H.
on 10/28/09 3:43 am - FL
Katie,

Thanks for your reply.

Sag is BAD, sounds like the LBL for me.

Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
Most Active