Insurance paid!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 3:11 am
Just a quick recap; I was approved for an abdominoplasty by my insurance company. Once I had the surgery and the doctor's office submitted the bill, BCBS denied the claim stating it's not covered under my policy.  I wrote an appeal letter and submitted a copy of the approval letter at the same time.

I just received notification that my insurance company finally paid the doctor for the abdominoplasty.  It left me with a co-payment of $166, but that's a lot less than $5,500.

I am one happy camper today!!!!!

Sherline
kforbes1
on 10/27/09 3:42 am - Charlotte, NC
Thank you for your post.  How do you get the insurance company to pay for plastic surgery?  Is there something the doctor has to submit in order for the insurance to pay?  I've always been told that insurance won't pay for plastic surgery post bypass. Can you give me the scoop?

Kelly h.
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 4:39 am

Kelly, I thought the same thing.  When I went for my consultation with the PS, he took pictures of me and stated his staff will submit them with the request.  I never thought BCBS would approve the surgery, but they did.  I did not submit any documentation from other doctors, which is usually one of the requirements.  The doctor was trying to get approval for the tummy tuck and a breast lift; they only covered the tummy tuck.

Sherline

KathigME
on 10/27/09 5:41 am - Gorham, ME
My insurance covered my panniculectomy due to skin issues that I had. They didn't cover my abdominoplasty as that was considered cosmetic.
Kathi G.  I LOVE MY RNY!!   
janeene G.
on 10/27/09 5:38 am - MD

I am so glad for you that is a weight off

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 6:03 am
Thank you, I was going to send you a message telling you but I go sidetracked.
DrL
on 10/27/09 6:43 am - Houston, TX
Glad you posted this.  That is such a common story...they approve, then deny and hope you will give up and pay.  Fortunately you called them on it.

Also, you must have a great plan, because here in Texas we receive nowhere near that reimbursement for TT !

Congrats...and it sounds like your doc owes you a "thank you" for that appeal letter too !
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
Most Active