Loose skin!

spybo
on 10/26/09 5:14 pm, edited 10/26/09 5:16 pm - Houston area, TX
I have lost 100 pounds, and have had extensive plastics post weight loss.  My arms look fat, and my abdomen skin seems "blobby" to me which it didn't last year.  I have a "tube top" of loose skin under my breasts that goes all the way around.  The backs of my thighs and butt seem to have become more lax, too?  Has anyone else noticed this?  Have I done all this for nothing?
Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/26/09 5:29 pm
that's not good!
have you lost more weight since your plastics?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

cleo66
on 10/26/09 9:31 pm - VA
I have the same problem 11 months post-op LBL, BL/BA, but it's still 99.99% better than what I started with so I'm OK with it.
Ms Shell
on 10/27/09 12:52 am - Hawthorne, CA
Unfortunately after being obese for so long the elasticity of our skin is pretty much shot...and this depends on lots of factors, like age, how long you were obese and how  much etc.  Before I even had WLS I followed a girl who lost weight and like you had extensive plastic surgery, as time went on she took pictures laying down and you could see the new pools of skin on her body.

Have you spoken to your plastic surgeon about revisions?  What plastics did you already have?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

spybo
on 10/27/09 2:44 am - Houston area, TX
It's disheartening for sure.  I am in the process of scheduling for some scar revisions, but I haven't discussed actually re-doing any of the surgery.  I have had LBL, BL, BA, medial thighplasty, and brachioplasty.
Ms Shell
on 10/27/09 2:58 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hey there is no harm in asking...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 12:52 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I don't know anyone who had this happen....how upsetting!
Did you lose any weight since your plastics or did you gain and then lose any weight?  
Have you stopped exercising?

These are reasons why the skin could stretch and go loose again.

Did you call to ask your surgeon about it?

Best wishes

spybo
on 10/27/09 2:47 am, edited 10/27/09 6:42 am - Houston area, TX
I did gain and then lose some weight when I had to have my band revised to the sleeve, but I also initially lost 15 pounds after my LBL and that only made results better (I thought).
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 5:05 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Even a small re-gain of 10 lbs can stretch the skin.  After massive weight loss the skin just does not handle stretching and rebounding correctly.  It could be that some fat made it's way back under the skin.  Are you sure it's just skin or is there a small amount of fat under the skin?  If so Lipo might help.
I would ask the surgeon what they think and what the options are.

Best wishes....hope you get to were you want to be...
TTFN
Ruth
ShirleyG
on 10/27/09 8:29 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hey Megan
LONG TIME NO SEE YOU GIRL....How are you doing besides the loose skin .
Shirley
Most Active