Who's been to CosMed?

EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 7:05 am - Elk Grove, CA
Oh, my.

I'm a bit more nervous. Of course, every one will have a different outcome, but....

Thanks for sharing this link.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

miakawa
on 10/27/09 6:36 am - athens, GA
On PJourneys there are a few people who have posted horror stories about the doctors at cosmed. I know when i first began looking at PS, I e-mailed Dr. Q. and Dr. S. Dr. Q immedietly gave me a quote for several procedures. Dr. S said I only need surgery a, b and c and that non-surgical treatment would work for issue d. He also said that he needed to physically touch the skin and check elasticity / pigmentation before he could make a final reccomendation. He also gave me a quote that was less than dr. q. I don't know much about medicine, but it seemed like dr. s was more honest and open and less like a salesperson, even if what he said was not exactly what I wanted to hear. I plan to use dr. S when I save up enough. 
EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 7:11 am - Elk Grove, CA
I think I will definitely consult with Dr. S...see what he has to say.
I know I will need an anchor cut tt...there's just no way around that. Dr. Q called it a LBL...but said it won't go all the way around. So, I'm wondering if that is what Dr. S calls a large tt? If that is the case, it will be even less money to go with Dr. S once he pays for hotel and air fare for me. Tempting...

Luckily, I have the money ready...
now I just have to commit to a surgeon. I want this done yesterday.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/09 12:18 pm, edited 10/27/09 12:34 pm
I don't have any 1st hand information on this Dr. Q,  But I did remember reading these threads & went back looking for them so you could read them.  I know if I were in your shoes I would want to see this before hand.  Good luck in making the right decision for you!  

Please read all the comments some also have pictures...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/3837012/Dr- alejandro-Quiroz/#30762266

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/4033274/Dr- Sauceda-Thigh-Lift/#32720556

EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 12:47 pm - Elk Grove, CA
I appreciate your taking the time to dig up this link. There just seems to be so much "evidence" on the boards...both for and against CosMed/Dr. Q.

I found him to be very personable and professional when I met with him, but I guess pictures don't lie. I think the decision is becoming easier for me to make thanks to every one's help and input.

Most Active