Who's been to CosMed?

EGSuzie
on 10/26/09 7:25 am - Elk Grove, CA
I have already received an estimate from Dr. Q's office and have been fortunate enough to have had an in-person consult with him at last years LA OH event. I have access to the money to pay for my lbl and ba. So, everything seems to be a "go."

My problem is this...I am suddenly apprehensive and have been dragging my feet with regard to even setting a date with Dr. Q's office. I really want to get these surgeries completed, but I am feeling completely out of my element with planning a major surgery so far from home.

If you have been to CosMed, could you please let me know of your experiences there and the planning involved? I am especially interested in how the aftercare is handled...while there and after you have gone home. Thanks so much...

~Suz

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

cleos_mom
on 10/26/09 9:31 am - phila., PA
check out the rest of the board and go to the Mexico forum. I only saw one surgery on this board from Dr. Q and it wasn't very nice,
everyone around here uses Dr S. His work looks really great. I won't go out of the US for surgery, but if I did I would check out Dr. Sauceda in Mexico all his patients seem well pleased
good luck
Susan
EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 3:27 am - Elk Grove, CA
Thank you for taking the time to respond, Susan...I appreciate it.

Spencer
on 10/26/09 10:42 am - Sacramento, CA
I went to Cosmed a couple years ago for a LBL and than a BL/BA and arms done.  I was lucky that my local PCP was willing to take care of my aftercare.   They took out my stiches for me and handled any aftercare for me.  I was lucky that i didnt have any problems.  If i had concerns, i was able to call Dr Q and get his opinion on what i should do.  I wanted to recover at home so i didnt stay that long.  After the first surgery i stayed 3 days and with the second surgery i stayed 2 days.  I hope i helped answer some of your questions for you.
EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 3:31 am - Elk Grove, CA
Thank you, Spencer...I was wondering how long the average stay might be after a LBL. I have three kids, and juggling them while my husband is with me will be a chore if the stay is lengthy. It's good to know he is flexable with letting a person possibly return home a bit sooner.

madame_butterfly
on 10/26/09 2:58 pm - Where the Sun Shines, CA
Hi,

I was just with Joyce and Dr. Quiroz last Wednesday. I'm going to have a revision on Nov. 4th.

You can work everything out with Joyce... she'll hold your hand through the entire process!!!

My initial lbl w/anchor-cut, bl w/augmentation and fat injected into my butt... I stayed at an aftercare in Mexico for 5 days and was able to go home afterward. I had several follow-up visits. My US doctor was able to follow-up as well and prescribe meds... Darvocet and then Tramadol. All of my other meds were from Mexico.

I'll be staying at the Lucerne next to CosMed this time overnight and then traveling home... I'll probably have two follow-ups.

I'll write more in email...

Kim
highest :313 | current :124 | low goal :145 | lowest: 118
EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 3:36 am - Elk Grove, CA
I got your message, Kim...
I remember seeing the great results you achieved with Dr. Q and how pleased you were. It is such a big decision. I am coveting the results others have had, but I'm still quite nervous as far as committing. Looks like there is more research ahead! lol. Thank you so much for writing me...I hope you have more fantastic results!

Robin B.
on 10/27/09 2:34 am
EGSuzie
on 10/27/09 3:47 am - Elk Grove, CA
Thank you, Robin, for giving me your honest assessment. This is precisely what I was looking for when I posted here. I want the good, the bad, and the ugly, as they say.

I would love to know anything I am able to gather with regard to other peoples results, as of course, this is all I can use as a marker to guide my choice of the proper surgeon for me. And in the meantime, I will also look into Dr. Sauceda...he seems to have quite a lot of buzz around here lately.

I just want to get this ball rolling with the right surgeon for me...this money is burning a hole in my pocket! lol

Robin B.
on 10/27/09 6:23 am
Most Active