Please help - my left breast hasn't settled yet!!!!

loggurl
on 10/26/09 2:01 am - COVINGTON, GA
Hey Y'all,

I'm desperate for some advice.  I had a LBL & BL/BA on 9/28/09, that's 4 weeks ago today.  My question is: what is the longest it took for your breasts to settle in??  My right one looks great - I'm thrilled with it, but the left one is still way up in my armpit/chest.  Is there still hope for it to look like the right one????

Trying not to panic here, but the PS said 3-4 weeks for them to settle in & it's now 4 weeks.  I'm so scared that I'm going to be lopsided!!!!

Hugs,
CJ
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/09 2:36 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi
Yes it can take 2, even 3 months for the breasts to fully settle (and they might still be a bit swollen).  It's not unheard of to have one fall faster than the other.  Even when having a lift without implants the breasts will still "settle".  I had my lift done 8 weeks ago and mine have had the biggest change in the last 2-3 weeks.  My left one is still not as good looking as my right one but my surgeon tells me to relax and not worry that it will all be fine.

If you are really REALLY concerned you ask your surgeon at your next follow appointment or call the nurse to discuss.  I shared my concern with my surgeon from the very first post-op appointment and we discuss it each time I see him. 

I'd say don't panic but definitely have an open and honest conversation with your surgeon.

Best wishes!
Ruth
happylapbander
on 10/26/09 3:52 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
CJ - I've been told it takes at least 3 months and can take up to a year. 
workingmommy
on 10/26/09 8:53 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I have heard from 6 months to 1 year.  My left is still riding a bit high too

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

DrL
on 10/26/09 9:35 am - Houston, TX
Most PS will overcorrect the breast, because the bane of our existence is the settling and dropping of lifted breasts, especially when an implant is in place.   Fact of life in post-WLS skin.

So I plan on having them "high and tight" for up to 3 mos.  After that I will let patients massage to help them come down.

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
loggurl
on 10/26/09 2:18 pm - COVINGTON, GA
Thanks everyone for your responses.  I do feel a bit better now that Dr . Lomanaco says 3 months, too.  I guess I'll just have to practice patience, not my strong suit for sure.

Hugs,
CJ
Most Active