Pre Op today

Maureen K.
on 10/26/09 1:21 am
Well it is one week and one day away from xurgery.... Today is my pre op appt. when I get to try on some implants I am so excited yet so scared I keep questionsing myself if I should really go thru with this??? Did any of you feel this way??

Thx

MO

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

lizzybear
on 10/26/09 12:37 pm - Olympia, WA
Perfectly normal to feel that way, even after having previous surgeries.  I wasn't nervous or scared for my RNY, I was so positive I was doing the right thing that I was just calm and happy.  But my tummy tuck is Wednesday and I'm alternating between being scared and nervous, then feeling a little glimmer of excitement, then to feeling like I should just back out and now that it's getting closer, the feelings are swinging faster and faster till I feel dizzy!  Of course I won't - I already paid for it and I've been waiting for this for months, but it's still scary, even when you really want it.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Maureen K.
on 10/26/09 12:52 pm
Thx... it is always reassuring to know you are not alone. I had my last appt. today pre-op
lab done paid in full etc. I was so close even in there to backing out but  i guess Im here to tell you I didn't so.... I wanted to wish you the best for your surgery on Wed. and please let us know how youre feeling and oictures.

Cheers

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Maureen K.
on 10/26/09 12:54 pm
Thx for the well wishes I can use all I can get. I guess there is no turning back Im all paid in full and ready to go AAAHHHH guess I will sleep well that day as I am sure that I won't sleep prior to next Tuesday, however they did give me a prescription for Ambien for after surgery and I even have a refill maybe I might have to use it this week. LOL

Thx again I will be sure to post after.

Cheers

MO

BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

lizzybear
on 10/26/09 1:14 pm - Olympia, WA
LOL - I was so scared at my pre-op that the first words out of my mouth when the surgeon came in were going to be "I've chickened out, let's cancel," that I didn't say a word and let my mom ask the questions until I felt like I could talk.

I've already posted my before pics, so I'm pretty committed to moving forward now because I can't have those disgusting things hanging out there without being able to post some good after pictures to counteract them.  I'll definitely report in as soon as I can.  Thanks for your good wishes - you can never have too many of them!!

Good luck and best wishes on yours, too!!  You'll be right behind me!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/09 2:44 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I can't help with the implant stuff but it is normal to be excited and scared as surgery gets closer.
Just wanted to wish you well.........I'm sure you'll do fine.
TTFN
Ruth
Most Active