Anyone ever heard of a "Lifestyle Lift?"

moorem
on 10/24/09 10:25 pm
I am six months post op and have lost over 90 pounds. Normally, this would be a time to celebrate, but I also went from having (virtually) no lines in my face to looking like I'm about 80! I saw an ad for a "Lifestyle Lift" that uses a different, less invasive technique to do a face lift.

Anyone have any experience with this?

PS - I'm 60, so I don't think my skin will shrink that much on it's own...
PamT
on 10/25/09 1:25 am - Downey, CA
Yes. I don't recall if it was on this forum or a different plastics site where someone posted a link with pages & pages of complaints & disasters from patients that had the "Lifestyle Lift".  I found that VERY interesting since their commercials sure look & sound good!!  If I find the link, I'll post it.

PamT
moorem
on 10/25/09 2:23 am
Thanks, Pam - I'm going for a "free consultation" on Tuesday, so I'll post what I find out, too.
Kathie L.
on 10/25/09 5:40 am - Castaic, CA
 I researched this and found that most people were very UNsatisfied with their results with real people suggesting to save your money for a "real" facelift. Other comments included that they used high pressures sales techniques; never met the doctor that operated until the day of surgery.

I had a lower face/neck lift and am very happy with my results.

Research Lifestyle lift before you even set foot into their offices. My research scared me so much that I never did go for a consult.

Let us know what you think after your consultation.

Kathie
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
FLGail
on 10/25/09 5:51 am - Sun City, AZ
Kathie, I just looked at your pictures you look super after all your plastics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                   Gail
moorem
on 10/25/09 7:38 am
Thanks a lot - I'm interested  in seeing what they have to say and in talking to those who have had it done. They say they've done about 100,000 of these things now, so there should be more information out there to be had!
DrL
on 10/25/09 2:03 pm - Houston, TX
IMHO there is one, and only one, reliable source of non-biased plastic surgery information on the web.  I personally use the site as a guide when considering the purchase of new equipment.

The people at RealSelf do their homework, and sort out any BS reviews being posted by questionable individuals or entities.  There is very little commercial presence on their site, and doctors are ranked only by what they contribute to the community in terms of information.

If you are considering LifeStyle Lift you must read:

http://www.realself.com/blog/Lifestyle-Lift-Slammed-for-Dece ptive-and-Illegal-Posting-by-NY-AG-And-How-RealSelf-Protects -Our

and also

http://www.realself.com/Lifestyle-lift/reviews

John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
slowgoing
on 10/26/09 12:09 pm - CA
I have read and heard SOOOO many negative things about this "lift" that I'm almost begging you not to do it!  Please do as others have suggested and REALLY research this procedure - it's just so questionable about the end results and I've yet to hear of ANYONE that has been happy with their results.  Yes, the pics look SOOOO great, don't they?  Just read on the internet;  you'll see.
moorem
on 10/26/09 10:25 pm
OK after listening to each of you and following the links, I've canceled my appointment! Thanks - all - for the timely advice and well wishes. I'll wait a bit and look into other ways and means... God is good.
Most Active