Tell me about Dr. Sauceda

Leah H.
on 10/25/09 8:11 am - TX
OK now I am thinking Dr. Sauceda might be a better choice for me. But part of the 10 days I'd be by myself. My sister could come for the beginning but couldn't stay 10 days and neither could my husband cause we have a 4 and 7 year old.

I am looking a TT and posssibly a breast lift or implants. It depends on cost. I'd love help on my thighs but I don't think I can afford that right now.

Any input?

Extended Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift W/Dr. Sauceda 12/30/2009

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/09 9:55 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi Leah!  I have a ton of info on Dr Sauceda on my blog at www.livingtheskinnylife.blogspot.com.  I am a 17 days post op from him, and I went alone.  There were 2 other OH members there at the same time as me, so that was nice to be able to support each other.  My husband stayed home with our 4 and 5 year old.  I had a lower body lift, breast lift with augmenatation, small/medial thigh lift, and lipo to my tummy, neck, sides, back, and outerthighs with fat grafting to my butt.  I paid $14,000 after $600 was reimbursed to me for my flight. 

You will find all kinds of info about the clinic, hotel, Dr Sauceda, Monterrey, etc. on my blog. 

I hope that helps!

Jessica
Leah H.
on 10/25/09 10:02 am - TX
I just posted a few questions in a comment on your blog. Y our blog was VERY helpful. My questions were:

I have a lot of questions, mainly did you go by yourself? How was travel home? Will a Dr. at home remove the drains?

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/09 10:10 am - Haleiwa, HI
I live in Hawaii and went by myself.  There were 2 other OH members there at the same time as me, so I did have someone to hang out with.  The travel home really wasn't too bad.  I had an 11 1/2 hour trip, and I came home at 9 days post (that was early).  I had a wheelchair waiting for me in Houston, and I had a standard size pillow to sit on that was my saving grace.  Dr Sauceda removed 4 of the 5 drains, but I still have 1 drain left, and I can either remove it by myself(which is really quite easy), or I will have my weight loss Dr, primary care Dr, or my nurse friend remove it.  I still have my stitches and will get those out on Tuesday. 

Jessica
Chris D
on 10/25/09 1:26 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
Jessica, did your incisions leak at all while you travelled?  Does Dr. S. pad you up well for the trip home?

Chris

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/09 2:04 pm - Haleiwa, HI
I was very lucky to not have any incisions that were leaking. My belly button was the only incision that came open , but I just stuck gauze in it and taped it up.  You are definitely well padded when you go home, and he will bring you more supplies to the hotel when you need them.  I brought some of my own just in case, but only used a little bit of my tape. 
dw45
on 10/25/09 11:30 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Hi Leah,

I'm going to Dr. Sauceda on Dec. 17th for an anchor cut tummy tuck and a medial thigh lift.  I didn't want to be away from my kids that long during the holidays, so I spoke with Dr. Sauceda and since I have a good friend that is a RN she will be removing my drains and stitches for me.  I'm only going to be in Mexico for 7 days.  Just wanted to let you know that is an option.

DW

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Leah H.
on 10/25/09 12:03 pm - TX
Can you travel safely with the drains? My little ones are 4 and 7. 10 days is a long time. That's where my biggest concern is. What is an anchor cut?

dw45
on 10/26/09 12:28 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Yes..you can travel with drains.  Several people do it.

The anchor cut is the "upside down T cut".  It addresses the excess skin both above and below the belly button.  Dr. S. and I both feel it's the best procedure for me and will really "cinch" in my waist well!  I feel it will be worth having the additional vertical scar since it will give me the best results.

DW
Leah H.
on 10/26/09 7:27 am - TX
OK so it's the one with the vertical scar. Thanks for clarifying.

Most Active