Mons Swelling

DS Facts
on 10/25/09 9:06 am
O.M.G. how long did your mons swelling last? Ouchie. I am 4 weeks out and man it hurts. I think part of the problem may be that my surgeon only gives binders for conpression, not the full body suit (for post-LBL). I tried wearing spanx withthe minder over but it actually made the swelling worse.

Any suggestions? Anything I can do to reduce the swelling?
Renee2007
on 10/25/09 10:12 am - Central, FL

Hi Bev,
I just had a revision to my mons area when I was under for the arms and thighs. My mons area would still swell some days and I was 4 months out from the tummy tuck and mons lift. I continued to use the packs of frozen peas and it helped. I was walking a lot and at a fast pace and it would cause me to swell some days.

I was so much more comfortable once I went into a compression garment. I got a Flexees brand and wore it 24/7. I'm in a different type of compression garment after this round but it's still a girdle type and just feels so much better to me rather than a binder. I know how it hurts and it feels so tight. The best advice I can give is to use the ice.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

DS Facts
on 10/25/09 10:35 am
Thanks Renee, frozen pees is a good idea, I'll give it a try. I wish I knew why spanxs made me feel worse not better, makes no sense to me.
lizzybear
on 10/25/09 3:23 pm - Olympia, WA
Owie, what a bad place to hurt!!  And I've been worried about not walking completely upright.  Guess I should be more worried about walking funny with my legs spread because of the swelling! 

But seriously I'm SO glad you asked this.  I've been wondering about the mons area.  I'm having my tummy tuck in a few days and at my pre-op last week, the surgeons said they'd help out my mons area, too.  Then when I asked about a compression garment, they said they give you a binder and that most of their patients tend to move to garments like Spanx.  I couldn't afford those (worked a second job for months to even afford this surgery just to the penny - can't afford the spendy extras), so I went to Target and got Flexees.  I was worried about whether or not they'd be strong enough to hold all the swelling in, and it sounds like they worked for Renee, so now I feel better.  Of course, I keep forgetting that my mudslide area will be gone (what the surgeons called my tummy skin!), and so the garment won't be having to hold all that in anymore!  So, sounds like I'm going to be doing like you - frozen peas down the front of my Flexees!  That ought to hold them in there.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Jupiter6
on 10/26/09 10:53 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Not a damn thing, in my case. I am 4 months out and still the old Ken-pudendum gets rock hard from time to time. In my case, exercise is the main culprit, but since I have no intention of stopping that, I just deal.

I actually think I am losing a little of the water FINALLY, this week. Pray for me! ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

doreenh
on 10/26/09 7:21 pm - Meredith, NH
I'm so glad you  asked this too, I'm technically having a panni removal on Thursday, but he's going to do more.  He said he's going to be bringing that area up, I never thought about swelling, looks like I need to go get some frozen veggies.

Most Active