I'm Here

ColoradoHusker
on 10/24/09 2:46 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Had LBL and inner thigh lift of 10/6.  Can honestly say that 1st week I was completely incoherent - I don't remember A SINGLE THING; people tell me I was talking and making sense.  Since then it's been a rollercoaster. 

I had lost 225 lbs before PS and PS took off another 25 and I lost another 5.  So I lost 30 lbs almost overnight.  My body went into ketosis flu and I had to really fight to ge****er in - let alone protein.  I'm back on track now and feeling much, much better.  I've struggled with the whole low sodium thing - if I don't have a certain amount of sodium (maybe its carbs?) my body goes into the nasty ketosis flu and I basically shut down and won't eat or DRINK.  So I (with the blessing of my NUT and WLS) kick in a few portions of mac n cheese and/or mashed potatoes - that kicks in my body to an appetite and wanting to drink and I get back on program.  So I'm striving for a healthy balance to sensible WLS eating and probably dealing with more swelling than I should.

Having a few skin issues - they look grusome but the doctor says its all good.  I hope to go back to work 2 days a week next week from 8:30 to about 1:00 p.m. and take it from there.

The results? Eh.  I wish I could shout from the rooftops that Im going to be the 44 years old Hooters girl....but no.  My skin quality is just not what we were hoping for when all things were said and done.  Oh, the results are going to be 1,000 x better than before surgery, but for instance, the skin on my ribcage is going to be somewhat loose and flabby - its just too stretched out.  My thighs are going to be good and my butt will be good..  It's all good to me but I wanted to mention this skin quality thing because I haven't read much about that on these boards.  But please remember that I weighed over 300 lbs since I was at least 22 and over 400 for the last 8 years - then I lost 225 lbs in less than 2 years.  That's a lot to ask of anybody's skin.
In no way do I blame my surgeon or his decisions - plus it's so early out that we won't know final results for a long time so what the heck do I know?

Would I do it again.....um, right now.....no.  I'm still early out, I hate the drains, I still sleep in a recliner...somedays I still feel like I either need to feel worse so I know I'm down and out or I need to start to feel better so I feel like joining the human race.  I hate oozing.  I still have meltdown days where I'm sure it's never going to get better and it's never going to get worse.  For me it's a day by day, sometimes second by second thing.

Hope all my fellow surgery buddies are doing well....just tie another knot and hang on, I'm right there with you!!!!

Jana
luvscessna
on 10/24/09 3:25 am, edited 10/24/09 3:26 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you for such an honest and open portrayal of your plastic surgery experience. I am just getting started in this adventure and really need to hear stories like yours.

Congratulations on your weight loss and plastic surgery!

Gail

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/09 6:41 am - Haleiwa, HI
Hi Jana!  Sorry to hear you have had some problems!  Hang in there girl!

Jessica
Melissa M.
on 10/24/09 2:34 pm - Seabrook, TX
Thanks for your honest experience.  I think so many times we get on here and read all the great experiences and I can see how someone may think PS isn't so bad and may try to do too much too soon.  It is MAJOR surgery.  I think it's important for people to hear the good and bad of PS.  Recovery is different for everyone.  Especially that period where you aren't totally immobile but not your old self either.  That was more frustrating to me than the initial pain itself.

Thanks for sharing.  I hope you feel better soon!

Melissa
ColoradoHusker
on 10/26/09 9:18 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks for the replies - each day is a little better.  You learn to manage and you learn to deal.  I'm glad it's done and I don't have to do it again....but I know it had to be done.  Over 24 lbs removed is a huge amount and it all takes time. 

Jana
Most Active