Ohio PS - Any Suggestions?

Hopeful-OH
on 10/24/09 12:37 am - Fairborn, OH
I live in the Dayton area & have seen a PS from Cincinnati.  I'm just not sure if she is the right one for me, so wanted to do some more research.  I really prefer a woman surgeon ---- the consultation session was so embarssing & I felt like a freak.  It was through no fault of the doctor - it was all me, I know.  But thinking of going through this experience again, especially with a male doctor is intimidating to me. 

Having said all that, I know that the most important thing is the surgeons credentials & capability.  So I'm looking for any recommendations for surgeons in the Ohio area, either male or female. 

Thank you in advance for anyone that can offer any suggestions.
L N.
on 10/24/09 1:26 am - , CA
I understand completely how you felt....I had  not stood naked in front of my husband for 20 years and to do so for the plastic surgeon's I consulted was soooo hard. But I just talked to myself and reminded myself that they are professionals who look at women's bodies all day long, This isn't someone that we are undressing for to be/feel sexy...but someone to correct our problem. It helped me, although I NEVER got comfortable with it. Funny thing tho, after the surgery, I had no problem at all....Please practice this thinking even if you only see female doctors. But try to not rule out going to any male doctor's...there are many good ones out there. Are you staying local or can you travel??? Best of luck

LN

Hopeful-OH
on 10/24/09 5:41 am - Fairborn, OH
Thank you for the kind words.  And yes, I do try to keep those thoughts running in my mind, but it was (and will be) hard.  After losing almost 300 pounds & finally feeling like a "normal" person, standing naked in front of a stranger made me feel, as I said in my first post, like a freak again.  It was quite difficult.

I'm willing to travel around Ohio -- but probably nowhere else.  I just feel for the follow up care it would work out best for me. 

Thank you again.  I will try to remember your words.
L N.
on 10/24/09 6:57 am - , CA
Wow, you lost 300lbs...congratulations.....best of luck on your next transformational journey....you will be so happy when you get the ps done.....I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for finding just the right surgeon for you that helps you feel comfortable....

LN

joychaser
on 10/25/09 5:42 am - MI
I used a surgeon in Toledo, OHIO. His name is Dr. Zavelle and I would trust NO one else to touch my body. He is a genius and very gifted in his profession. If you would like to know more about him please send me a message. His office is very professional and so is he. I had a lower body lift with butt flaps. I plan to have a breast lift with him someday but I have to pay off the LBL first! HA!....

best wishes!
From 251 to 141 and LOVING every minute of it! From a size 18 to a size 6-8!
I can finally SPREAD my wings again!
Most Active