Does the swelling happen randomly during recovery?

Sherry J.
on 10/22/09 11:48 am - Brooklyn, NY
 So I'm at day 23 after my TT and BL.  All last week I was imressed because a lot of my swelling had gone down.  Then the last 2 days I'm swollen again.  Is this normal?  Was it something I did?  The biggest difference the last 2 weeks is that I'm back to work and my appetite is up a lot.

Melissa M.
on 10/22/09 12:29 pm, edited 10/22/09 12:50 pm - Seabrook, TX
Adding more activity can make some people swell and yes swelling randomly does happen.  I know when I went back to work I started to swell more.  I know there were days I would stay swollen for a few days and then all of a sudden it was gone (for a little while anyway).  I'm one of those lucky swellers who will probably swell for a year!  I hope not, but I hear it does happen.
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/09 12:46 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep....sure does.  Same thing happened to me.  I'm 7 weeks out and have had very little swelling in my stomach but yesterday I popped........
I think it is because I am doing more and on my feet more.  Tonight I've been resting on top of the bed with my feet up hoping it will help the stomach go down some.  It's still not bad swelling but I was happier 2 days ago for sure.  :-)

I have most of my swelling way up high on my stomach.......right below my breasts.  Where is your swelling worst??

Hang in there...this too shall pass for both of us.
Sherry J.
on 10/22/09 1:07 pm - Brooklyn, NY
My swelling is primarily on the side from about the belly button down to the incisions and my right is more swollen than the left side.  Its not horrible but i am more sore now too.
Most Active