breast augmentation/enhancement research

DS Facts
on 10/23/09 7:00 am
I am 4 weeks post LBL and healing up great. I am starting to think about my next and final procedure. My arms have to be done and at the same time I was going to have a breast lift. I am a "B" cup now and I suspect that with a lift I am going to drop to an "A". I really do not want to look at implants but the thought of being an "A" cup makes me really sad. So I am starting my research on implants, the ins and outs, health concerns & risks. I would probably opt to be a "C".

Are there any web sites that anyone can share that you found particularly useful or helpful?

Thanks so much.
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 10:53 am - Canada

Bev is going to get bewbies :)

Mara
~I couldn't resist

DrL
on 10/23/09 10:59 am, edited 10/23/09 11:00 am - Houston, TX
My website has some photos of lifts in WLS patients, plus a set of video links about the procedures that you may find useful.

http://www.drlomonaco.com/dev/houston-breast-lift-gallery.sh tml

Ill be getting the captions up soon but feel free to email me if you ahve questions about the individual cases.  FYI Case #11 was a WLS patient who opted for a lift with no implants. 
John LoMonaco, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
DS Facts
on 10/23/09 1:37 pm
Thanks so much Dr L. I am very apprehensive about implants so any information will be really helpful in educating myself.
Melissa M.
on 10/23/09 2:07 pm - Seabrook, TX
I love your new website!  I can only see it through the link you provided though.  I'm guessing it's still in the development phase.  Looks great and has some good info too!

Melissa
DrL
on 10/24/09 7:31 am - Houston, TX
Hi Mel. Yes, its almost done and I will get some cool videos and more content up soon.  Almost all the models are my patients, so that was fun too.  Speaking of, you're going to be ready for that little black dress before too long !
Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
DS Facts
on 10/25/09 9:01 am
Dr L, I am probably closest to a case 8 pre-op. What cup size did the case 8 patient go to? And for case 11, what cup size did she end up with, with just the lift.

Thanks again, I am learning a lot from your site.
DrL
on 10/25/09 11:08 am - Houston, TX
Hi. Case 8 had no implants and went from a "loose" C cup to a smaller C cup.  Case 11 was a tall individual, so she went from a "long" C to a DD. 

Due to earkly sagging and stretching of the skin, I would not recommend a very large implant such as this one at the same time as a lift in a weight loss patient.

I will explain all the cases as soona s I get the captions up !

Also, you will find a nice, indexed library of all the questions I have answered on RealSelf at:

http://www.drlomonaco.com/dev/houston-plastic-surgery-questi ons.shtml#f563

Just click on the topic and it will take you there.

I wish all the answers I have given on OH were indexed like that !

Plastic Surgery
Houston, Texas

www.DrLoMonaco.com
www.BodyLiftHouston.com
HolliBeth1
on 10/26/09 5:29 am - Millbrook, AL
I totally understand the apprehension about implants...I am RIGHT there with you! I have an appointment on November 12th for a consult to wrap up these procedures and move on...Breast lift possible implants and inner thigh lift. I am scared of implants. I feel like I have had so much done to my body...how much more can it take? I don't EVER want anything else big on my body...just fullness, even if I had a full A I would be fine.....

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

Most Active