Compression garmet

Anjail
on 10/22/09 11:41 pm - Detroit, MI
How long did your PS advise to wear your compression? I am so sick and tired of this thing but don't want to mess up my shaping of my tt. My surgeon advise me to wear for 3 months but I don't think I'm going to make it. Anybody surgeon said they can take it off after a month?
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/09 3:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
It's just my opinion but I think it's a good idea to wear it at least 3 months....I know I will be.  It's not that it's holding me together but it does help with keeping swelling down, at least for me it does.

After lipo on my thighs I wore a long garment for 4 months in the hot Florida summer.  Now it's easy...lol

Ask your surgeon what they think.
Best wishes
L N.
on 10/23/09 12:33 pm - , CA
I have worn my compression garment 24/7 since Aug. 20th. Yesterday and today, I went without it during the day, and always wear it ( tight) at night. I really like wearing it better than not because it gives me such great support, but I am trying to get use to not wearing it. I'm not sure how long my doctor wants me to wear it, I guess I should ask him!! I know he wanted me to wear it at least 2 months, but I notice many people on here wear it much longer. I think I'd definitely wear it at least the 3 months your surgeon is advising, since he knows how to help you get the best result....I know, it was 88 degrees here in So Cal, and I get soooo hot...hang in there....

LN

Melissa M.
on 10/23/09 1:41 pm - Seabrook, TX
I had my surgery June 16th and I still wear mine.  My surgeon said to wear it at least 6 weeks but wanted me to wear it as long as I could tolerate it.  He said the longer the better.  To be honest, if I weren't still swelling, I wouldn't be wearing it.  I hate it too but I've gotten used to it.  I imagine I'll be wearing mine for 6 months at least.  I'm hoping to have surgery in January so chances are I'll be wearing it even longer because I will be having some lipo in different areas and will need to wear it after that too.  So who knows when I'll get a break from it, 6 months, 8 months, a year???  I hate to even think about it!  I think if you aren't swelling very much and do fine without it, then you're probably okay.  Shoot, there are even surgeons that don't even make their patients wear them!
cleos_mom
on 10/23/09 2:39 pm - phila., PA
I had my TT on 12/08 and  my inner thigh & butt lift on 3/09. and I still wear a compression garment  my surgeon said I don't have to if I don't want I should wear it when I am running, but I don't mind it. you just have to find one that you like. I would be wearing it until 12/09 but then I am having more lipo so who know how long I will wear it. my compression is very comfortable it is not the one you get when you come home from the hospital with the velcro strips it has hooks N eyes and the crotch is cut out
Good luck
Susan
avadoodle
on 10/24/09 2:38 am - MD
Hi. I had my tummy tuck on Sept 11th. My doctor told me to wear it all day and night for the first two weeks then to wear it during the day for 2 additional weeks. I think I wore it a total of 5 weeks during the day for comfort. I'm not currently wearing it and feel fine. I think doctors give a variety of times depending on what they believe is most beneficial. Good luck hanging in there.
O. Kufi
on 10/24/09 12:42 pm
My surgeon said 6 weeks. I still wore it longer and especially when I exercised. It just made me feel more comfortable and reduced swelling.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active