Dr. Sauceda Patients-Silly Question

Mendee M.
on 10/21/09 12:42 pm - Mulvane, KS
Ok.. so I have bombarded Dr. S with emails this last week (and he has answered every one!) I just didn't want to send yet another one when I figures someone here could answer

Do I make my reservations at the Hampton Inn, or will Dr. S make those for me?

Thanks!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 12:53 pm - Haleiwa, HI
Hi there!  As long as your surgery is costing over $6000, he will make the reservations for you.  He handles it all and makes life so much easier!  You will stay the first night in the hotel, then be in the clinic after your surgery.  You will check out the morning of your surgery and take all of your stuff with  you.  After you are ready to go back to the hotel, he will check you back in to the Hampton.  I had a handicap room, so it was wonderful to have a recliner and the bars in the shower.  I also had a shower chair to use while I was there as well.  He makes your stay as comfortable as you can get!

Jessica
Mendee M.
on 10/21/09 1:20 pm - Mulvane, KS
Thanks Jessica!! I figured he would, but wanted to make sure. Since my Mom is coming, I assume we will be able to just keep the room while I am at the clinic. If we have to pay it's OK because the cost is reasonable. Is it close enough for her to walk back and forth? I looked at a google satellite map and they looked close, but I really couldn't tell for sure.

BTW Jessica...THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP TO EVERYONE!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP FOR THAT MATTER!!! THIS BOARD ROCKS!
~~Mendee~~

10 pounds below goal!                  
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 2:40 pm - Haleiwa, HI
Mendee,

I am not for sure about how it works if you have your mom with you.  That would be a really good question to ask him. Maybe someone that did take someone with them will be able to answer that for you.   All 3 of us that were there at the same time came by ourselves.  It is definitely close enough for her to walk back and forth, but the hotel also has a free shuttle that will take her to the clinic for free.  

I agree....this board rocks!

Jessica
O. Kufi
on 10/22/09 9:07 am
Hi Mendee

Yes, the hotel is still covered by Dr Sauceda. My Mom was with me and she stayed in the hotel the whole time. It says on his website:

The all-inclusive plan includes:
  • The surgery
  • Preop evaluation
  • Hospital
  • Compression garments
  • Anesthesiologist fees
  • Surgeon fees
  • Follow up
  • Hotel Stay for two persons for free
  • Local transportation
  • And we will refund your airfare up to 600 usd
  • (food not included)

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/21/09 4:06 pm
Jessica,
Someone posted not long ago about that hotel having a noise problem if your room is near the pool.  This person suggested we get a room on the higher floors to avoid this issue.  She also said that if you complain about the noise, it just gets worse.  Did you have any problems with that?

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 4:26 pm - Haleiwa, HI
I was in room 127, right next to the back entrance.  It was more noisy during the day, but it wasn't a big deal at night.  I know Tony's room, 137, the window faced the pool and didn't hear him say a word about a noise problem.  I know there were at least 2 groups of kids there while we stayed and didn't have a problem at all.

Jessica
Iam_with_the_Band
on 10/21/09 4:28 pm
thanks Jessica!  I appreciate your reply. I am hoping to get a handicapped room too so that I have a shower chair and a recliner. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

O. Kufi
on 10/22/09 9:16 am
On October 21, 2009 at 11:28 PM Pacific Time, Iam_with_the_Band wrote:
thanks Jessica!  I appreciate your reply. I am hoping to get a handicapped room too so that I have a shower chair and a recliner. 
Hi

I stayed in the same handicapped room as Jessica the first time and had no problems either. The 2nd time I think I was on the fourth floor and again no issues with noise or the staff being rude or obnoxious or knocking on my door as a prank. I was in a double bed room the 2nd time but Dr S being the delighful person he is had already ordered a recliner for me which they brought as I was checking back in to the Hampton and then they brought the mini fridge. He also brought me a toilet seat riser to use in the clinic to use and we brought it to the hotel when I checked back in.

So if you need a shower chair just let him know  , I am sure he will make sure you have one!!

O. Kufi
on 10/21/09 1:08 pm, edited 10/21/09 1:09 pm
Hi Mendee
Absolutley Dr S will make the reservations for you. And DITTO and everything Jess said. That handicap room is nice. I stayed there the first round.   When are  you going again? The end of December? I am seriously thinking of having the fat injections like Jessica. She looks great and she said the pain is manageble. I did really well with my other procedures but I have heard some horror stories about the calf lipo (really wanted that) and the fat injections.

Anyway we'll see, I'll let you know for sure soon!  

Most Active