Clothing choices early post op

BuckeyeSylvia
on 10/21/09 3:07 pm - Small Town, OH
This is my first post on this forum...but I'm a confessed "lurker".

I'm having a TT on December 4th. I'm a planner by nature so I'm already Christmas shopping and plan to be finished and gift wrapped by mid November so I won't have to worry about the holiday rush while I'm recooperating.

Tonight, I was looking through the school calandar and saw where my 7 year old's Christmas concert is December 10th. She would be devistated if I weren't able to make it. Also, my 10 year old's birthday is a few days later.

So...I just wondered what clothing options you would suggest for such occasions at one week post op and two weeks post op from a Tummy Tuck?

I'm assuming that I will still have drains for the program and I'm hoping to have them out by two weeks although I know that might not happen. So, any suggestions are very welcome and very much appreciated! What were you wearing during those early weeks post op?

HW/SW/CW/GW    231/225/123/130-125
~Surgeon's Goal of Normal BMI reached at 6 months Post Op~
~Personal Goal Range achieved at less than 10 months Post Op~

Cindy F.
on 10/21/09 4:31 pm - Monterey Park, CA
VSG on 09/18/07 with
I have been wearing loose sweats.  They are soft and  comfortable. 

You just don't want anything tight.

Hugs
 Cindy F  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain" 
Anjail
on 10/21/09 10:31 pm - Detroit, MI
I would suggest anything lose. You are not really going to want anything form fitting on and you will probably still be very swollen. You might have to go buy nice casual outfit that is elastic at the waist.
cbhjr98
on 10/22/09 12:56 am
For the concert I'd suggest some nice velour stretchy sweat/lounge clothes - you can get them so they look pretty nice now!  Maybe a sweater dress would work too. Just loose comfy clothes with easy slip-on shoes.

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/09 10:42 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Like everyone else said go for the loose, soft, comfy stuff.  A pant suit with pockets would make it easy to hide the drains;
workingmommy
on 10/22/09 1:36 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I wore a lot of dresses (Still do due to size difference in legs and torso).  I would look for something loose, maybe with an empire waist.  I found those were the best at hiding drains.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active