Time between procedures

CA_GirlRocks
on 10/21/09 7:14 am
Calling all multi surgery experts!  For those of you that had more than one surgery, how long did you wait between surgeries?  I am hoping to have a tummy tuck next month and want to do a breast lift/arm lift too, but am not sure how long I should wait to schedule the 2nd surgery.  

Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 9:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI
Many folks do the breasts at the same time as the tummy tuck......is that an option for you?

Most surgeons say you should wait 3 months between procedures but it also depends on well you heal and which procedure you are doing next.
Example..........I had my Tummy Tuck in Sept.  My next procedure is a butt lift and outer thigh.  My surgeon wants me to wait the full 3 months just because there is so much healing with the muscle tightening.  After that I'm going to do my inner thighs and a revision to my arms and my surgeon will let me do it 6 weeks later (I'm healing pretty well).

This is a great question............ask your surgeon what he/she thinks.

Hope that helps!!
Ruth
workingmommy
on 10/21/09 11:55 am
RNY on 12/10/07 with
I had 5 weeks between my LBL and BA/BL/Brachio.  My PS took labs between to make sure everything was fine.  Everyone is different, I know it depends on how well you have healed.  Make sure to ask your PS.  Good luck!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Kathie L.
on 10/22/09 2:05 am - Castaic, CA
I had four surgeries in 18 months (beginning with my RNY two years ago). My G.P. advised me to wait 6 months between my surgeries. Thus I had the following:

10/2007 - RNY surgery
4/2008 - Total hip replacement
11/2008 - Upper body lift
3/2009 - Lower body lift

I'm glad that I waited between each of my procedures allowing my body enough time to heal before proceeding. We all need to practice patience and this is not a race. It's the rest of our lives!

Good luck to you.
Kathie
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
AbidinginHIM
on 10/23/09 2:06 am - Ontario, CA
It really depends on how your are healing, complications, and your over all health.

I had my LBL with BL in June 08 following a May of 08 hysterectomy. No problems with the hysterectomy recovery. Had multiple complications requiring 3 more surgeries following my LBL for infected seromas that would not resolve.  I had to be quilted to stop the seromas. My last surgery was Sept. 4.  I asked about a thigh lift in Dec. of 08, and had that on Jan 31, 09.  Had an in office revision in April that left me with another seroma.  A different PS than my regular one had it aspirated, and I got MRSA and spent 6 days in May in hospital, and all of may and 1/2 of June packing the wound. All of that is healed now, and I'm doing well.  I will have my arms done on the 31st of this month.  It did take me some time to think through having my arms done.  Pretty scary after all I've been through, but I think it will  be worth it.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
Melissa M.
on 10/24/09 2:44 pm - Seabrook, TX
Dr Lomonaco told me that he really likes waiting about 6 months to allow proper healing and everything to settle and the swelling resolve.  He said you have a better idea of what the final outcome will be and allows for better tweaking for the next round.
sweetbabi
on 10/25/09 11:54 am - Haines City, FL
I'm having my TT Nov 4th and my dr said I can do my breast lift 6 weeks later if my labs come back ok.

Most Active