After Plastics Question

dw45
on 10/20/09 3:57 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
You are right and I totally agree!

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

MistersMom65
on 10/20/09 3:07 am, edited 10/20/09 3:08 am - TN
I still see myself as FAT. When I look though at my before & after facelift pix (which are on my profile!) I see with my EYES that I , for the first time in my life, have a NECK and a slender face. But my MIND still sees that fat, no neck,round face girl. I hope with my TT tomorrow I can FINALLY see my tummy as smaller..in my mind's eye as well as my eyes. I met my BF parents a few weeks ago & when his Mom said "You are SO petite and small!" I almost fell out and told her " stop it!!". But I kept my mouth shut & just smiled.  It was a WOW moment.

BL & Facelift w/Brow & Eyelid      10.08.08
Abdominalplasty Scheduled          10.21.09

dw45
on 10/20/09 3:30 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
I think you look GREAT!

Good luck on your TT tomorrow!

Be sure to let us know how that goes!

DW
RoylynnW
on 10/20/09 3:51 am - Bryan, TX
VSG on 06/05/08 with
Dawn, Hi, I saw your post at one time i was 525 lbs and i lost down to 320 lbs I had a panni took off, he took off 30lbs of fat and skin and breast reduction 5 lbs each. And Yes I felt GREAT and a lot better about myself and I started wearing my clothes and shirts tucked in. That is why I am going to do it again with DR. S....... Keep in touch   HUG HUG  ROY 
dw45
on 10/20/09 4:02 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with

Hi Roy and thanks for replying to my post!!  I'm scheduled with Dr. S. on December 17th!

I'm so excited and I'm really hoping that it will help me change my self image!!

Take Care!

L N.
on 10/20/09 6:58 am - , CA
It is an interesting thing, how we view ourselves. But I have to say, once I "lost" the extra skin on stomach, I found myself running around in my undies, or even, to my shock, in my bday suit. My husband loves the newfound freedom....needless to say, I never undressed in front of him and it was always " lights out"......now I am free....but I still find myself thinking my old thoughts and have to fight the urge to believe them.....keeping the old pics around sure helps to keep me in the right frame of mind.....I am 53, have three grown kids, 33, 24 and 22 and have loathed how I looked most of the time I was raising my kids...Hats off to these mommies who are smart enough to make the change NOW and enjoy all the wonderful years ahead with pride and confidence....You will love your new look......

LN

O. Kufi
on 10/20/09 8:00 am, edited 10/20/09 11:41 am
Dawn

What a good question..... I look back at the side by side pixs sometimes to remind myself and I listen to folks on occasion say you are so small BUT most of the time when I look in the mirror I still see the fat girl that was made fun of and left out.

I know that my confidence is better but my mind is still living with the 45 years or so of the fat girl life and all the disappointment, pain and heartache that goes with it. I do hope/expect that one day I will catch up with this other me on this journey.

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 11:03 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!!

I do see myself differently but I have to be honest that I have been able to see myself as a thin person before plastics. 

Right now I'm in a little bit of a strange place because I've had all my Upper Body plastics so I'm tiny from my tummy up ...........but now my lower body looks twice as big to me as it did before my tummy tuck.  Make sense?  It's like things are way out of proportion now.  I don't fret about it too much because I know it's temporary.

I see myself differently in another way since starting my plastics............I worry about some of my scars (especially the arms) and find myself feeling pretty self-conscience about them.....I'm worried about when I get the inner thighs done but I have a couple months to prepare for that. 

Not sure if this helped....hope it did.
Take care!
Ruth
Redhaired
on 10/20/09 1:49 pm - Mouseville, FL
Not only will you look different -- it is going to feel so different living in your body.  It is just so hard to describe.  If I look at my middle (and not my legs) I can well imagine myself being a small woman.  But I still look at other women and think to myself "Am I her size" or more accurately "is that the size I look to the rest of the world."  It is a process and in some ways I may never be completely convinced I do not look fat -- but I am working on it.

Red

mommyto4kids
on 10/21/09 12:00 am
I still see the fat girl... I hope that after I get the other parts of my body fixed that I will see myself differently.  My legs look awful and really stand out after having my tummy fixed.   Brandi
Most Active