After Plastics Question

dw45
on 10/20/09 12:50 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Please tell me if after having plastics, have you been able to see yourself differently?  What I mean is...I still see myself as a heavy person, even though everyone else says they see me as a thin person.  Of course, they don't see me without my clothes on (thank goodness)! LOL!  I think, when I look in the mirror and see all the excess skin it still makes me feel like I am overweight.

Just wondering, if after your plastics, did it help you to finally see your body in a different way?

Thanks for your replies!

Have a great day!

DW 

10 lb lost pre-op       5'10
Plastic Surgery completed 12/17/09 with Dr. Sauceda (Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, Medial Thigh Lift & Eyelid Surgery)

Anjail
on 10/20/09 1:27 am - Detroit, MI
Yes I see myself differently. I still hate my legs but I didn't have anything done to them but as far as my mid section I LOVE IT. I don't really see my weight loss until I look at pictures. I have clothes that fit looser but I don't see it either. I was 195 the day of my tt which was a month ago and now I am 178. I don't see the 17lb weight loss but I do feel much better about myself.

PS changed my self esteem for the better. I love looking in the mirror naked at myself and you will too. There is nothing like putting on some low ride jeans without rolls falling out the sides or putting on a tight fitting shirt that shows off your waist line without the muffin top showing. I only wish now that I had my twins done but oh well they are going to stay saggie because I'm never going under the knife again. This stuff is painful.

Best wishes to you and I'm sure you will feel totally different once all the jigglie is gone.
dw45
on 10/20/09 1:44 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Thanks for your reply!  I can't wait to put on some low ride jeans and not have skin spilling out over the top of them!  I also, can't even imagine what having a "flat" tummy will be like...I have had an apron hanging since my first child was born over 18 years ago!

I can't wait for December to get here!!

Thanks again and YOU LOOK GREAT!!

DW

sonnieN
on 10/20/09 1:28 am - grand rapids, MI
I have really started to see a difference in the mirror. For me a great part of it is not seeing the big roll beneath the jeans. It feels and looks so different to have a flat stomach and I think clothes look better. Once I had the first round of plastics it has also helped show off my waist so I do see that. I now find I'm more prone to wear clothes that fit and are form fitting rather than ones that are loose and baggy that hide the rolls. I think I still have a ways to go and hoping that this nex round on Friday will help that.

However I still have a hard time when friends tell me I'm smaller than they are or that my hips and shoulders are smaller or what a petite frame I have. Still trying to grasp that but it's is much better than before. Hope you are finally able to see the same thing.

Sonya 
dw45
on 10/20/09 1:47 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Sonya..thanks for your reply.

I am hoping that some of my clothes will hopefully, fit me a little better after the tummy tuck.  Right now, they are mostly tight where they zip up...which is where most of the excess skin happens to be.  Once that's gone!  OMG!...it will feel so good to zip them right up without having the pooch stick out!

Can't wait!

You look Awesome and best of luck in your next round on Friday!

DW
chickster522
on 10/20/09 1:51 am
That's a great question...I had the same issues. I looked at myself and only saw someone that needed to lose weight, eventhough I was in a size 6. My surgery was 10 days ago and I can honestly say from the first time I saw myself naked after surgery...The fat girl is gone...For the first time in my life I love,Love,Love my body...it's amazing and hard to explain...you will find out for yourself.

Debbie
dw45
on 10/20/09 1:55 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Wow Debbie!

I had just sent you a PM asking you specifically about this!  Thanks for replying to my post!

That is really great to hear!!  I want to see myself "as finished" with my journey and accept and love my body.  It sounds like my answer will probably be my plastics!

Thank you!...Thank you!....Thank you!

DW 
BigCityGirl
on 10/20/09 2:10 am - San Diego, CA
I think it improves with each round of plastics - at least for me it did.  Just last week, I went for my PreOp for my final body sculpting next Monday and I had to stand naked and take the dreaded photos.  I think I hate that part more than the recovery from the surgery!  In any event, the young gal who took the photos said I looked great.  I thought I looked bloated.

I don't think that the fat feeling will every go away completely.  I feel pretty good about my body these days but I still see a fat girl when I look at a photo of myself.  Of course, when I look at my photos of myself prior to WLS, I am shocked back into reality.  They say that even top fashion models who are rail thin, think of themselves as fat. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
dw45
on 10/20/09 3:28 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
Thanks for your reply BigCityGirl!

It sounds like it might be a process that improves over time.

DW
BigCityGirl
on 10/20/09 3:40 am - San Diego, CA
I think sometimes it's useful to keep the old PreOp photos around just to keep things in perspective. 

I was in Milan, Italy a few weeks ago and I saw some of the most stunningly beautiful women (models) I have ever seen.  A whole bunch of them up close shopping in the same stores with me and my tour group.  It made me realize that 99.9% of us, no matter how much dieting or plastic surgery would never look anything close to these beauties.  They are like thoroughbred horses compared to Clydesdales - they have long thin limbs and bodies, we are shorter and stockier.  If I were to lose another 25 pounds, down to 113 - it wouldn't matter.  I would never get that look.  So the point I'm trying to make is perhaps we're comparing ourselves to images we see in magazines or on TV and not what is realistic for our bodies. 

I'm sure you'll be happy with your results.  I have been very happy with my work.  It was worth the money. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Most Active