Hi!

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/09 2:58 pm - Philly, PA and New Windsor, NY
Hi everyone!  I have been mostly lurking on this forum since I was scheduled for my PS consult last month.  Now that I have had my consult, I have a couple of questions. I am still deciding if I should go for the implants or not, LOL

My surgeon says he wants to do my implants over the muscle (sub-glandular) and use an infra-mammary incision.  He says I have enough breast tissue left that this will make the most natural appearance.  Also, I am leaning towards saline implants.  Can anyone share their implant experience with me?  What type of implant/ placement/ incision do you have?  Are you happy with the look?  The feel?  Do you think they are natural looking?  What size implant did you go with?

I will be having my surgery at the end of December, so I still have a lot of time to think and research and plan- I don't have to pick out my implants for another month...

I will also be having a TT at the same time (this one is definite- no deciding here, lol)...I will have general anesthesia and I will be doing outpatient...I was surprised that TT were done outpatient- does anyone have experience with that as well?

How long did it take before you could function again?  I have two small kids (6 & 8), and though I do not work, I will have a school semester that starts approx. 8 days after surgery.

Thanks for reading this whole thing, and thanks in advance for your help!

cbhjr98
on 10/19/09 10:31 pm
My doc hates putting impants over the muscle as he says that the muscle helps support the weight and reduces the sag over time. He said if they went over the muscle (which supposedly hurts less - but mine really doesn't hurt either) that in a few years the weight combined with the fact that after weight loss our skin isn't as thick it would result in more sag than if he puts them under the muscle to start.

Are you going to have a lift done or just implants? (If you're small enough where they dont have to do a lift if they do implants)

I have the new gummy bear silicone formed implants that were put in under my muscle together with a lift. I'm 12 days post op from breast lift/aug and arm lift. I LOVE the way my breast look and feel. They are firm, yet soft and to me feel very natural. As for your TT - I had a total LBL and stayed in a recovery center for a week. I was pretty much out of the game for the first 2.5-3 weeks.

Perhaps Dr. L can cue in on his opinion as to over or under the muscle is better as he's a doc...

Good luck! and GRATZ on your upcoming surgery!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/09 10:50 pm - Philly, PA and New Windsor, NY
Thanks for the input!  I am not having a lift done, just the implants...  You look great BTW!
playwithzoe
on 10/21/09 1:52 pm
Hey Fawn you look great.  What a trip this has been don't ya think.  Best think I've ever done for myself.  I'm now wanting some PS too.  I'm looking at going to Dr. S in Mexico for little tt, maybe an inner thigh lift  and am also trying to decide on the breast augmentation or not.  I also want a face lift and eye lid lift.  If I do I will get the gummy bear implants, silicone just feels so much more natural and they have been proved safe.

Hey are you watching the Phillies, they just locked the NL Championship what a great game!

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/09 2:02 pm - Philly, PA and New Windsor, NY
Hey sleeve sister!  I don'****ch sports...but you should see my facebook page- it is lighting up like a Christmas tree with new Phillies posts every two seconds, lol...I am actually glad I am not home for once- I value my quiet too much!  LMAO...

I am doing my PS in 9 weeks...maybe we can keep each other sane during this phase of our journey, lol...

Oh yeah...I know this sounds just terrible.....but I don't think I can actually afford the gummy bear implants...I am cutting it sooo close w/ the money for the saline, that anything more is basically coming out of my kids Christmas, lol...thanks for the input!!
playwithzoe
on 10/22/09 12:33 pm
You'll look beautiful either way.  At first I wasn't planning on any PS so I hear ya about the finances, I'm probably going to get  a loan and go to Mexico since Dr. S has gotten such rave reviews and his work looks fantastic.  I guess I just want to make the most out of my new body.   You really look happy in your pictures congratulations. Let's keep in touch.

46 yr old female; 5'6"; 11/13/08 VSG Dr. Jossart LapSF, SF, CA
SW 213, GW 150, CW 140, dream GW 130 and/or 20% body fat or less
12/22/09 mini face lift; Dr. Hove, Monarch Med Spa, KoP, PA
01/09/10 Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico
U & L eye lid lifts, mini tt w/o muscle tightening, Brazilian buttock lift by fat grafting, Benelli BL & BA

Most Active