stupid question/scar removal gel

sherry R.
on 10/19/09 5:12 pm
Hello everyone, I am just lurking on the site gathering information on ps doctors that peole like dont like things of that nature.

but hereis my question statment what ever. I was thinking that once iam able to consider plastics t help with scarhealing and such, i was thinking maybe i could mix mederma with neosporin plus pain releaver ointment to put on my scars, for a better healing scar line, if you have seen neosporion on cuts and such and see how it fades down quite a bit i would think that with the mederma would be a great mix.?

any thoughts or suggestions? has anyone tried to use different scar remover creams,gels what did you use , where did u use it and how?

Disclaimer: I told ya in the begining that this may seem like a stupid question but i had to ask.
Your faith is stronger than you think.  - my Mom
Weight: initial-320, , surgery- 291.2 now -205 had baby july 1, 2011 Regained to 242 (due to unemployment)  t goal weight _ what ever it ends at.
kidneedonor
on 10/19/09 10:27 pm
I probably would apply all three but not all together..

Starting Wgt 238  Goal Wgt 145  Current Wgt 133
RNY 09/09/08 by Dr. Kruger
Full anchor TT on November 27, 2009 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold
Breast Reduction and Breast Lift May 24, 2010 by Dr. Laurence Rheingold

www.myspace.com/kidneedonor        
BigCityGirl
on 10/20/09 2:03 am - San Diego, CA
I would never put neosporin on a healing scar.  My plastic surgeon told me that an antibacterial ointment will kill the good healing cells along with the bad stuff.  When I had a wound separation with my brachioplasty I just kept it clean and covered.

I used silicon gel sheets to fade my scars.  Worked wonderfuly. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Maureen K.
on 10/20/09 3:37 am
My plastic surgeon seel stuff in their office and gave me some stuff I can order it is called mepiform tape it is expensixe $87.50 the  stuff I can buy in their office not sure the price yet will know when I goback next week but it is called Kelocote Silicone Gel let me know if you need addictional info I will try and get it for you.

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

O. Kufi
on 10/20/09 8:13 am
Softsensitivity

There are no stupid questions....we ALL have questions.

I cant speak for your mix but it sounds like it is a bit much. I have been told that you want your incisions to be dry and clean as well. I did use some of antibacterial ointment with pain reliever.

As far as the scars, I used CVS silicone scar treatment sheets. A box is around $24 for 28 small sheets. I have heard that kele-cote silicone gel is good too. After I finish the sheets I will start with the kelecote. I am prone to keloids so Iam going extra long with my treatment.

Does it work...well I am only using it on my arms and it is a difference with these scars compared to the others. They are not raised or dark colored. I believe they will continue to improve.

I hope you find something that works for you!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

Most Active