the secret's out!!

JRinAZ
on 10/19/09 5:04 am - Layton, UT
I work for a plastic surgeon and have NOT had him do any plastic surgery on me!  .....  Feeling phony....started the steps today towards the next "pretty" chapter!

I started a (long & wordy!  LOL!) blog today on the journey!  Went public so I'd follow through....

sooooo many questions for myself and I should be the one who knows all the answers!  LOL!

General question:

Is a fleur di lis worth the potential increased risk for healing problens post-op?

Anyone have a panniculectamy then revise to a full tummy tuck later?  Your thoughts?  Results?

Thanks all!!!  ..... Wow...I'm really in this game!  Yikes!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Bonnie M
on 10/19/09 10:05 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I had a panni first with hernis repair.  That was covered by insurance.  A little over a year later, I had my 2nd round of PS in Brazil, whi*****luded an anchor TT.
JRinAZ
on 10/20/09 2:38 pm - Layton, UT
On October 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM Pacific Time, Bonnie M wrote:
I had a panni first with hernis repair.  That was covered by insurance.  A little over a year later, I had my 2nd round of PS in Brazil, whi*****luded an anchor TT.
Hey Bonnie!
That sounds like my path exactly,.  Are you happy with your anchor TT??  Was the pannic area changed at all or mostly the upper abdoman?

......I'll be in your neck of the woods the first 2 weeks of November tending my 2 yr old grandson!  Wooooo Hooooo!  Are there WLS support groups there?

Thanks for your post!
Joyce 

Bonnie M
on 10/20/09 7:39 pm - Sioux Falls, SD

I still had loose skin aftera while with just  the panni.  Ith anchor TT, with muscle repair,  helped both the panni area and abdomen.
There are monthly support groups through both hospitals. 
Good luck.

Melissa M.
on 10/20/09 1:58 pm - Seabrook, TX
I don't think a fleur di lis is any more risky than regular PS.  There might be a small chance of an opening where the vertical an horizontal incisions meet, but not huge.  I had absolutely no issues and my incisions healed perfectly.  I haven't heard much about problems with the anchor cut on here either.  Openings can happen with anyone with any type of PS.  I wouldn't let the fear of healing problems keep you from getting it if that's what you really want and will get you the best results.  I would definitely discuss this in your consults.

Good luck,
Melissa
JRinAZ
on 10/20/09 2:45 pm - Layton, UT
Hi Melissa,
I'm hoping he can do a fleur di lis.....I have the old diagonal gall bladder scar so there may be an issue with the triangle created from my "open" wls incision.  May be a dead zone!  ..... The main complications I've seen at work; seem to be in the back side of a lbl and the armpit area of a brachioplasty but the meeting of the anchor is definitely a concern.

I have a LONG list of concerns for the consult!  And.....I thought I'd heard them all answered before:)  Always different when it's your own body.

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Joyce 

Teresa W.
on 10/20/09 1:59 pm - Green River, WY
I talked my surgeon into the anchor cut.  I did my research and thought it would give me the best outcome.  He was worried about the up/down scar.   
I am very pleased with the result.  I had no problems healing.

Teresa
5'8", 357 (Start)/214!!!!!(Current)/ 180? (Goal)  
 A 143 pound change!!

JRinAZ
on 10/20/09 2:47 pm - Layton, UT
On October 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM Pacific Time, Teresa W. wrote:
I talked my surgeon into the anchor cut.  I did my research and thought it would give me the best outcome.  He was worried about the up/down scar.   
I am very pleased with the result.  I had no problems healing.
Teresa,
Do you feel like the anchor pulled in a lot of the loose back fat/skin? 

Do you have any pictures posted anywhere?

Glad you had a great outcome!  Thanks for your response:)

Joyce 

Most Active