Tummy Tuck w/weight slighlty over 200

virtly
on 10/18/09 7:23 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
I have lost 116 pounds and it has been 5 years and 8 months since my WLS. I am working hard to lose 15 lbs before the first week in December.
I am now on an extremely low carb intake. Since last Tuesday, I have lost nine pounds.
Tell me if you if you had a similar situation and what was the outcome of the appearance of your waist and stomach?
I want the hanging panni gone.
Loris
on 10/18/09 12:23 pm - Midlothian, VA
What is your BMI? Are you asking for similiar experieinces with similiar BMIs at time of plastics?  Is your plastic surgery in Dec?  What exactly are you having done?  Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

Redhaired
on 10/18/09 1:24 pm - Mouseville, FL
That is very hard to say.  How far from your goal weight are you?  I will say that it is not unheard of for people to have plastics before reaching their goal.  Sometimes they have to have a hernia repair that cannot wait and in other cases the hanging panni creates such tremendous issues that it is better to go ahead and have it removed and then do another surgery once goal is reached.  I even know of instances where a panniculectomy was done prior to WLS to make the WLS easier.

I would think that your plastic surgeon would be able to give you an idea of what sort of outcome you can expect.

Red

dec721
on 10/19/09 12:38 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
I had a tummy tuck six years ago, before WLS, and I weighed about 220 at the time.  I had lost down from about 290 and had that big ol' hanging thing.  It has worked out just great!  I wouldn't have traded the timing of that surgery for anything ... and it looks okay now, too.  Go for it!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

virtly
on 10/19/09 4:36 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Thanks for the reply, I don't think my body will get beyond 180. I am working with a nutritionist now and losing slowing. However I am satisfied with the lost, just want the hanging stomach to disappear.
Anjail
on 10/19/09 10:37 pm - Detroit, MI
You might get smaller than 180. I never made it to my goal of 160 and I am 4 yrs out from RNY. Actually the day of my tt I was 195. One month later I am 178. I don't know if the weight loss came because skin was removed or the fact that right after I had my tt I couldn't really eat much. Sort of like the first month after that bypass surgery. I would say go for it. I was going to wait until I got to goal but I'm glad now that I didn't because I absolutly love my outcome. I never in my wildest dreams thought my waist would look like it does. I have some before and after pic on my page. I also selected you as a friend so you should be able to see them.
virtly
on 10/20/09 10:25 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
I want my results to be good. I am low carbing it and it is working. Since last Tueday I have lost 9 pounds. Thanks for adding me as a friend.
Ms Shell
on 10/19/09 10:40 am - Hawthorne, CA
I am almost 2 years out from my WLS my ultimate goal weight wise is about 185...that's just me...I had my plastic surgery Oct 1 and weighed 208, pictures are on my profile.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

virtly
on 10/19/09 10:59 am - va
RNY on 02/11/04 with
Thanks for the photos and advice. You look great. I am scheduled for November 30th. Still working on getting off a few more pounds.
Ms Shell
on 10/19/09 11:09 am - Hawthorne, CA
You have done an awesome job and no doubt you'll get those few more off and continue to be FIERCE!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active