Traveling for Plastic surgery

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 3:19 am - Haleiwa, HI
I have to say that I am doing very well, but I also came home early due to my best friend's daughter going in for surgery on Monday for a large tumor removal.  Dr Sauceda said that he was shocked on how fast I truly recovered too, and I was an exception.  I also had to pay quite a bit more to change my flight, but it was worth it for me.  I was supposed to leave in 12 days, but I had scheduled myself to leave in 15 days to give myself extra time to recover.  I left at day 10, and I did ok.  It was definitely hard, and I had a 11 1/2 hour trip back to Hawaii. I was so swollen!!  Also, the  MUST have for your trip back......a full size fluffy pillow.  I sat on that the entire way home, and it saved my butt (pun intended!)  I  brought 2 with me, and it took up a lot of room in my suitcase, but so worth it!!!!  The hotel gives you a ton of pillows, but the clinic's pillows are something to be desired.  

Jessica
L N.
on 10/20/09 7:07 am - , CA

Jen,

I would recommend that you do stay the minimum days that he wants you to, unless like Jessica, you heal exceptionally quickly....I think that giving your body as much time to rest and heal as possible is imperative to the best scar results and least amount of secondary problems....I wanted very thin scar lines and believe that keeping the stress on those area to a minimum really helps.....I am older too, so maybe didn't recover as quickly, although my doctor has told me that in regards to how my scar and body are healing, I am one of his best.....I think most of his patients have really great outcomes. It looks like Dr. S's patients have exceptional outcomes as well.....Good luck

LN

O. Kufi
on 10/18/09 4:22 am

So totally agree about those pillows for the plane ride home. I did not have one on my first trip but I learned the second time and I took pillows with me too. Makes a difference whether your plane ride is 3 hours or like Jess 11 1/2 hours. The plane seats are just not comfortable before or after surgery!

Glad to see you  posting Jess especially after your long trip! I do hope you are getting rest. Let us know how things go with your friends surgery on tomorrow!

We love because God first loved us (1John 4:19)

TammyLynne
on 10/18/09 4:50 am - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
I am heading to Monterrey Mx to surgery with Dr S Nov 15th for a complete lower body lift with the anchor cut. Inner thigh lift. Breast lift with implants and he is doing my arms.   
 The input by those of you that went to him has been wonderful and my gut tells me this the right decsion...   Will keep you all posted when i am down there. 
Chris D
on 10/18/09 1:30 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
Hey there TammyLynne.....

I thought you were going to Cosmed.  I'm so glad you are going to see Dr. S. now.  You are a month ahead of me.  Wish you were going to be there when I am, would be nice to meet you finaly. 

Chris

prateek
on 10/19/09 10:28 pm, edited 10/19/09 10:28 pm - abc, CA
Hi,

For plastic surgery I don't think it is a good idea to go out of US.
I recommend Dr. John Diaz, in Beverly Hills, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, with a lot of experience.
You can consult him.

Thanks
Most Active