Breast reduction/reconstruction questions...

Braven05
on 10/14/09 6:54 am - Syracuse, NY
I started recently to think about a breast reduction/reconstruction.  When I started with my weightloss I was VERY well stacked lol...I started at a 48 DDD.  I've lost about 100 lbs since my initial consult and I still have about 80 lbs to lose but I kind of want to get my breasts fixed now.  I've gone down in bra size to a 42 DD but a lot of it is enormous amounts of loose skin.

I don't know if my insurance will cover this procedure.  I am wondering if anyone has had a similar procedure and what it cost.  Would it be wise to do it now or wait til I lose the rest of my weight?  I am SO okay with going small...like a small C cup or something.  I've had huge ones my whole life and would be happy to have less to work with.  I have to have a lot of skin removed and my nipples moved or something...

Also, what is the recovery like?  How long would I have to be out of work (I have a desk job)
342/325/237/150
Consult/Surgery/Current/Goal
4 fills/2 unfills - 4 cc in my 10 cc band
mwy
on 10/14/09 7:18 am

To answer your question, it would really help to know your age.  I was large chested...OK, ginormous chested, my whole life, and when I lost weight, the boobalage deflated but my boobs were STILL huge, size H.  When we are young, are breasts are made of fibrous tissue, but as we age, they are made mostly of fat.  You have a better result if the surgeon is lifting tissue and not fat.  Sometimes the fat doesn't fill you up in the upper pole region and you may end up needing implants if you want upper pole fullness.  But if you just want the girls lifted back to a normal position, I would wait.  If you qualify for enough tissue removed for a breast reduction then your insurance will more than likely require that you have been at a stable weight for at least six months.  Which is what a good surgeon would require to make sure that things have stabilized size wise.  If you have the lift and lose more weight it will just result in more sagging later.

The recovery is not bad at all and if you can get two weeks off that would be optimum, but I have seen folks go back to work at one week with a desk job. 

Mary

Loris
on 10/14/09 10:36 pm - Midlothian, VA
I have lost 20 pounds since my breat lift and it is noticable. I would reccomend that you wait until you are six months past losing your desired weight.  Our weight shifts a lot after we are done losing  Good luck, Loris

Loris  344/119@ 5'2" Below Goal                    
                                     Lower body lift  10/17/2007
                                     Upper body lift     1/23/2008

Most Active