Dumb question about swelling

Sherry J.
on 10/14/09 2:11 am - Brooklyn, NY
This may be the dumbest question ever but how do you know what parts are swollen vs just flab?  I was not stick thin before the surgery so it's hard for me to tell what I'm looking at . I assume I MUST be swollen b/c I'm only 2 weeks out but I can't say for sure.  Is it always sore or numb where it's swollen?  I haven't felt "pregnant" like a lot of people have mention but I certainly look rounded in places I hope don't remain if I were to consider this a successful TT.
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/09 4:33 am
Hi Sherry!  First, there is no such thing as dumb questions when you don't know the answer to something.

I had my tummy tuck 7 wks ago and I am still swollen too.  Since you are only 2 weeks post-op I can assure you that everything that looks swollen is swollen, from the pubic area on up.  As the weeks go by you will notice less swelling, for instance most of  my swelling is now around my lower belly (bellow belly button).  A couple of weeks ago it was above my belly button, I started to think he didn't take care of my muffin top like he promised.

Relax and enjoy your new body, it only gets better from here.

Sherline
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/09 4:44 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I have had VERY little swelling in my stomach after my TT but I did get swollen in my thighs and butt.  I knew because I know how my body normally looks.  My legs look a sharpei dog and suddenly the wrinkles were gone...lol.  Almost all the swelling is gone now.

Yes you can have great results and be one of the lucky ones with little to no swelling....
BigCityGirl
on 10/14/09 5:09 am - San Diego, CA
Swelling is more like being bloated.  The skin is firm and tight but blown out like a balloon.  Flab is pinchable and not firm.  Most people who are close to a normal BMI when they have this surgery are fairly firm afterward.  My skin, even two years later is still very tight.  Good luck with your recovery. 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
cbhjr98
on 10/14/09 5:53 am
Big City Girl had a good description - you won't be able to "pinch" the swollen areas - it's like a balloon with a few too many puffs of air inside - you feel like you are going to come apart at your new "seams". (And sometimes like your T.O.M. when you are retaining water -except much worse...

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Most Active