Help Finding Plastics in IL or IN

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 1:24 pm - IL
My mom lives in central IL and needs a GOOD bariatric plastics doctor.  Please share your experiences with the doctors you have seen.  She is willing to travel to a good doc.  Any imput would be appreciated.  Thank you!!
susie64
on 10/13/09 10:17 pm
I'm having a consult with Dr Panos there in Champaign.  He had given a presentation at one of the support group meetings.  As well as being Board Certified, he is also certified as a Bariatric Plastic Surgeon.  I haven't seen any pictures of his work but one of the ladies from the support group highly recommended him.  I've also heard some good things about some of the plastic surgeons in Peoria - just not sure which ones are the best.  Also Dr. Poulter in Bloomington is supposed to be a good plastic surgeon - came highly recommended by another Dr.  But I do not know his experience in bariatric plastic surgery. 

I know this really doesn't help a whole lot but maybe it will give you some places to start.  I am seriously looking into a Dr. Sauceda out of Monterrey Mexico because so many people have had great experiences with him and his prices are very reasonable.  I actually want to talk to and see the results from people and so far he is at the top of my list.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
BarbD
on 10/13/09 10:28 pm - IL
VSG on 12/11/07 with
Hi Melissa:
  I'm from central Illinois and travel to Chicago to use Dr.Kenneth L. Stein.  Not only does he have all the necessary credentials and experience, his personlity is A+++.  He also has a certified surgical suite in his office which saves considerably on hospital costs.  I've used him for lipo of the inner/outer thighs & inner knees (9/08), brachioplasty (1/09) and tomorrow I'm having a breast lift.
His entire office staff is wonderful too.  You can check him out on his website I've listed below:
http://www.liftit.net/ 
And surprisingly, his costs (for being in Chicago) have been as good, if not better, than in my area.
If  you have any other questions, or want additional information, pm me.
Barb
Most Active