Recovery after arms

cbhjr98
on 10/15/09 12:35 am
My BL/BA doesnt bother me at all at this point - a bit sore, but more like bruising is all. My only pain is the Arm lift and where it comes down the sides...the sides aren't really that much of a problem really - it's the arm pit and 2-3 inches on either side that has me not moving much - it pulls all kinds of things it seems- you can definately tell stuff is connected right there! :-)

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
sonnieN
on 10/15/09 7:44 am - grand rapids, MI
You may be surprised w/ the scars on your arms. Mine looked like that at first, bunched up and in a few places where the skin seemed not to match the other side. After a couple of weeks my surgeon told me to start massaging the scar to help flatten out the scar. Now you can barely see my scars. Even the beginning at my elbows have smoothed out & I'm very happy w/ how they look.

Just give it some time and when you can start the massage.

Sonya
AbidinginHIM
on 10/15/09 6:01 pm - Ontario, CA
My leg scars were really bunched at first, and now they are not.  The healing process is pretty amazing.  I did use cocoa butter on all my scars, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
workingmommy
on 10/15/09 2:23 pm
RNY on 12/10/07 with
You could try pantyliners to protect the spot that is irritated.  Those helped me, plus they are long enough to tuck in.  I hear you about the puckering.  Mine were so bad at first.  It will get better and they will flatten out.  Hang in there!

April

160 lbs lost to date!
LBL: 6/10/09
BL/BA/Brachio: 7/14/09
MTL: 6/17/10

Most Active