6 Mo. Post TT - Need Opinions

Cindy C.
on 10/13/09 5:49 am
I had my TT on 04/27/09.  I am still having problems with swelling if I don't wear my binder at least 10 hours every few days.  My stomach above my belly button jiggles all the way across.  Also, one side of my belly is slightly higher than the other.  When I sit, I tend to have a slight pooch (sp?) effect.  I lost 104 pounds, weigh between 124-129, and am 5'1".  I expected swelling, but thought at this point it should be gone.  I look like I need to be doing crunches.  What's up?!!

I go for my six month follow-up on Friday, October 16.  What should I expect the surgeon to do?  The few times I had concerns, he just blew me off and said to be patient.  At 6 months, I have no more patience.

I need some input as to what things were happening itht other TT patients at 6 months.

Cindy

Height 5' 1"   WLS on 12/05/07      Plastics on 04/27/09                                 

Ms Shell
on 10/13/09 8:29 am - Hawthorne, CA
What does your surgeon say about revisions?  I have some loose upper skin and ultimately will be being revised to address it.  I don't have to pay for the surgeon but the OR and anesthesia will be out of pocket.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Cindy C.
on 10/13/09 3:13 pm
We never discussed revisions.  Looking back, there are so many things I took for granted and never thought to ask about.  I guess I'll find out on Friday.  I HATE the thought of having another surgery.  I'm an accountant and would have to wait till May when tax season is over.  That would make two summers in a row that were screwed up.  Can I have some cheese with my WHINE?  lol.  Sorry for venting.  I'll post after seeing the surgeon on Friday.

Cindy

Wendy_Canada
on 10/13/09 9:37 pm - Canada
Hi Cindy first off i'm not a doctor so i am just passing on what my doctor has said to me when i was doing my post op visits.  I am only 4 months out from my tummy tuck and when i had my surgery my surgeon does NOT use drains.  In saying that when i had my check ups he was looking for a "rippling effect" that when he pushed on one part of my tummy it rippled across to the other side.  If it did its possible you have some fluid build up.  In that case they just put a needle in and extract the fluid.  I didn't have to have it done but i hear its not painful at all.  That MIGHT be your jiggles. 

Good luck with your appointment and maybe take a friend with you and a list and sit at his des****il he has addressed all your concerns.  If your asking the questions the friend can be writting down the answers or sometimes just another silent body with you gives you the courage to go after what you need.

Wendy

Cindy C.
on 10/14/09 2:38 am
No drains?  For me, that was the worst part of the surgery.  I had those drains for 3 long weeks.  I have heard that some people have fluid.  The last time I 'talked' to the surgeons' office was the beginning of August - right before going to the beach.  I called them about the swelling and the jiggles.  The nurse kinda blew me off.  She said since my surgery had been over 3 months before, it was unlikely that it was fluid.  THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!  I  really believe it is fluid.  I also believe the skin is not pulled tight enough.  I'm not looking for the surgeon to "fix" the problem to my liking.  I feel I will be disappointed in the end.  I've had a few friends seem to think my expectations were too high.  From what I'm hearing on here, I feel I did not get what I paid for. 

I'll post again after seeing the surgoen on Friday.  Thank you for your input.

Cindy

Most Active