plastic surgery resident training program in Washington

iammelissa
on 10/13/09 6:38 am - federal way, WA
anyone know anything about it?

Melissa

morgansmommy
on 10/13/09 7:00 am - Gig Harbor, WA
I am having surgery on the 21st through  the residency program. It has not been a totally smooth process. I am a little nervous and am wondering if I should of just gone to mexico and had it all done at once instead of doing half now and half later. I am having a hernia repair and a TT with tightening. My part for the TT is $3680. Depending on the results i will go back for a full thigh lift and breast lift in the spring.
You can call Phil Cordner at 206-598-2342 to schedule an appointment. make sure he knows you are interested in the residency program. He misscheduled me and I had a 3 month wait to get another appointment after a 4 month wait to get the wrong appointment. I had wanted surgery this summer. If you do not get a call back with in 2 days, call again. Phil is not the best at returning calls, but is very nice in person. He is probably just busy like everyone else.
The office staff is great once you get to the back. The front office staff people are not warm and fuzzy but not rude or unhelpful either. 
Mary
iammelissa
on 10/13/09 7:12 am - federal way, WA
I called and he answered the phone! he said that he is in the process of getting a schedule put together of when the residents can see patients and will call me back. how long should i wait before I call him back again?

I had my WLS in Mexico and was very pleased, if you had your cosmetic work in Mexico where would you have gone?

Melissa

morgansmommy
on 10/13/09 8:35 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Dr. Saucedo, I think. I did not do a ton of research and I was hesitant to leave my 9 YO for 10 days and even more hesitant to bring her with me. She would of been bored whenever dragged away from the pool!
He never did call me back again when he was supposed to. He told me he woul dcall me back in June or July once he had their( the resident schedule ) together. I called back and made an appointment, like I said for months later. Call him back and ask for a date to expect a phone call and call back if he misses it.
Good Luck!
Mary
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/13/09 8:30 am
I had a consult w/ Dr Otway (sp?) and it was an expensive consult, having to pay two different places, with 3 different payments. Stupidly complicated. Dr Otway was nice, and would oversee, and I think I'd be happy with the panni, but I need more.

I probably won't go there mainly because they only do individual procedures, and I need many things done. It's just too expensive, and I don't want to be put under numerous times. If the ONLY thing I needed done was panni, I'd go there.
morgansmommy
on 10/13/09 8:41 am - Gig Harbor, WA
They called me this summer after tenatively scheduling( then later rescheuled due to a conflict) my hernia repair and TT to tell me they no longer could combine surgeries like mine; one paid with insurance and one private pay. I was very unhappy and pressed them to reconsider as I was nearly a year in to this and the whole time they said they would do the two together in the beginning. They did agree to do both together after a few phone calls.
Dr. Otway Louie will be assisting the resident with my surgery. I have verified it is more than a panni, there will be an anchor type cut and then hip to hip cut and muscle tightening.
Mary
JSIL
on 10/13/09 2:32 pm
Hi, I went to Dr. Aceves also. Anyway, I am using the Residency program in Chicago. Awesome! Dr. Pelletier is wonderful, and I am having a tt and bl and maybe aug., haven't decided if I want that yet at one time. I am paying around $4500...for both. +/- a little each way, depending on a few things. Anyway, 100% happy so far. Jenny

thisbe777
on 10/16/09 12:26 pm
no answer for you, i just wanted to say hi, neighbor!

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

lizzybear
on 10/18/09 12:49 pm - Olympia, WA
Hello there!  I'm having an extended abdominoplasty at the residency center on Oct 28.  My pre-op appt is next Tuesday, Oct 20.  I had my consultation on June 22 with Dr. Schlenker - he was really nice.  I agree with Mary - the back office staff are nice - the front office staff weren't exactly helpful.  When I got to the desk, there was a couple sitting over in the waiting area and no one in line, so I walked up to the line sign.  The lady looked at me like I had done something wrong and said, those other people are ahead of you.  So I told her, they aren't in line, so where do you suggest I stand and wait since I'm here 15 minutes prior to my appointment like directed.  She kind of huffed and handed me the forms board and told me I might as well start with the paperwork while the other people were still doing theirs.  At that point, I kind of felt like I'd made a mistake going there. But once I got in back, I felt much more comfortable.  I was hoping to have my surgery in November.  When I mentioned this, Dr. Schlenker said that since Oct 31 is the last day of his residency and he starts his new full surgeon position the following Monday, so he'd do the consult, but have to pass me off to another resident.  I decided to ask if he had any openings during his last week and he went and checked right then.  He had the 28th open, so we scheduled me.  Heck, I'll take a resident who only has two more days in his five-year residency over a new resident any day!!  And Dr. Said is going to be in the surgery room, too, and I've heard he's terrific.  I won't say I'm not scared and nervous, because I am, but I am also comfortable with going there and having it done.  I want my arms and breasts done, too, but not until next fall (November is the only month that really works for me to be off for a few weeks).

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active