2 Months PO Swelling - Does it ever go away?

Susan Hegarty
on 10/12/09 1:30 pm - Easton, PA
I am 2 months PO FTT and MR. I am relatively flat on the sides of my BB o my hips but below my BB and above Ken I have a soft swollen pouch. I am hoping it IS swelling and not my final result. I look 100 times better then post op, but it just won't seem to go away. Maybe because I was not one of the smaller ladies pre op? I mean, how long does it really take? And why just this one area? I would think the swelling would be kind of even, or maybe not?
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Melissa M.
on 10/12/09 1:41 pm - Seabrook, TX
Look at Jupiter's post below.  Just went on about my swelling too.  Yes it is normal and was even told today that it's possible to swell up to a year!  I'm 4 months out and still swell.  :(
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 8:40 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI!
I'm curious...when you say you still swell, how much is it?  a little bit or a noticeable paunch?  Does it still get uncomfortable?
Thanks!
Melissa M.
on 10/14/09 1:37 pm - Seabrook, TX
It's never uncomfortable but really noticeable to me.  Most of the swelling is in my waist area.  My mons area quit swelling a while back.  Now a couple of months ago there were a few occasions that I felt so bloated that I had to take off my garment to breathe.  I have noticed recently that at the end of the day I'm not as swollen as I had been but it's there.  It kind of becomes harder to tell the further out you are whether it is still swelling or just your new normal.  Like Jupiter said, this body is new and you just don't know.  I just kind of measure it by what I look like in the morning because that's when it's less.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 2:59 pm
below my BB and above Ken ..,,

is this code for something?  Is Ken a part of the body I haven't heard about yet?  Do I have one? Do I need one?  If I need one and don't have one, where can I go to find one?
Susan Hegarty
on 10/12/09 7:54 pm - Easton, PA
On October 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM Pacific Time, charming wrote:
below my BB and above Ken ..,,

is this code for something?  Is Ken a part of the body I haven't heard about yet?  Do I have one? Do I need one?  If I need one and don't have one, where can I go to find one?
lol, sorry about that.  Ken is referring to a swollen "pubic area"
Highest weight:439
Current Weight: 180
Goal weight: 160
**259 Lbs lost!!**

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=9999

Sherry J.
on 10/14/09 2:08 am - Brooklyn, NY
 This may be the dumbest question ever but how do you know what parts are swollen vs just flab?  I was not stick thin before the surgery so it's hard for me to tell what I'm looking at . I assume I MUST be swollen b/c I'm only 2 weeks out but I can't say for sure.  Is it always sore or numb where it's swollen?
Most Active