I haven't lost what they cut off me....how is this possible?

Jupiter6
on 10/12/09 11:49 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Actually, I'm still 14 pounds overweight, believe it or not...you can't see the ass ! ;)

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Melissa M.
on 10/12/09 1:39 pm - Seabrook, TX
I'm right there with you!  The doc removed about 10 pounds too and I have yet to see all that weight gone on the scale and I am 4 months out.  I think this is more common than we think.  My swelling isn't as bad as the beginning but it is definitely there.  I think the lymphatic massages helped with the major swelling.  In fact I haven't had a day when I haven't swollen.  It's less in the morning but I swear it starts by midday.  I still massage my stomach and my sides every day and that helps some.  I also wear some type of garment 24/7 because I think it's worse when I don't wear one. 

I went to see Dr Lomonaco today and they did ultrasound my belly and there definitely is still some swelling.  Even had some in my upper outer thigh.  When I was complaining to his nurse she said that some people do swell up to a year.  I so did not want to hear that!!  Dr L also has told me that people that he thinks should be swellers aren't and then there are those who should swell and don't! 

On the bright side, I do look better in my clothes now that I don't have that hanging panni. 

Just think about how much better you look too no matter what that darn scales says!
Jupiter6
on 10/13/09 10:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
No worries-- I feel great and fit as hell-- just couldn't figure out if this is or isn't swelling-- since it's a new body I can't tell!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

cbhjr98
on 10/12/09 9:05 pm
They cut off 6.5 pounds of skin and fat w/ my LBL in early April. I still swell to "3 mo preggo levels" as I call it on some days. My pant size (2-4 preop) is now consistently a 4 rather than the 2. I still look better than before surgery though!!!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
Sally W.
on 10/12/09 10:15 pm - IA
I had panni removed the scale shows 16 pounds difference...but I still swell.  For me surgeon was right on.  Monday will be two months out and at end of day I swell above my belt line.  BLAH.
Sally
BigCityGirl
on 10/13/09 1:25 am - San Diego, CA
Shari,

It certainly seems like a mystery.  Could you have gained weight during the time that you were recovering and out of the gym?  I did.  

I'm on maintenance and I have a Go Fit Wear device and it says I'm burning about 3000 calories a day and I know I'm eating 1500 on maintenance.  I'm not losing.  When I need to lose, I have to drop my calories, in spite of what that device says, down to around 1200 and then I see the scale move.  The calories out vs calories math on my GoFitWear device isn't adding up.  I still use the device because I like the "relative" readings of my activity level but I don't trust the numbers.  

As for swelling, some people report swelling up to six months.  For me, I dropped one jeans size after six weeks and one more after three months and that was it. 

Good luck. 

Donna
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Jupiter6
on 10/13/09 10:40 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I am pretty sure my GoWear's as close as it gets. I also know my RMR and other data so I can do checks and balances. 3000 a day sounds kinda wonky unless you're a marathoner-- although probably you are younger than me. I am active as hell and work out every day of the week, and still usually burn about 2000-2100.

I didn't gain right after surgery...I  lost a bit, then nada-- in fact it's when I became very active again that I stalled out-- but I forgot this week is my TOM, so let's see what NEXT week brings: I *always* gain 3+ pounds with the TOM!

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

BigCityGirl
on 10/13/09 11:10 am - San Diego, CA
Like I said, I'm not confident in the numbers with my GoWear device.  I am running an hour a day at under 10 minutes a mile.  It says my exercise is burning 900 calories per day.  And I am also active.    I was thinking that the problem may be that it measures arm movement in calculating calories burned and while running, the arms certainly move a lot which might account for the high number.    And I think I do have a fast metabolism in spite of my former problems with my weight. 

I think you very good right now though - very thin in your new avatar. 
Jupiter6
on 10/13/09 12:36 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Avatar's from the waist up, chica, if you know what I'm sayin'!

I do aerobics most days (I mix up weights, racewalking, aerobics, Zumba and other cardio classes) and my arms flail about madly-- and I still only allegedly burn about 250 calories in an hour at maximum. Sometimes I think I am actually dead. I also never sweat, even when busting my ass.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

BigCityGirl
on 10/13/09 12:58 pm - San Diego, CA
My body fought me all the way and the last 10 pounds took me the better part of two years to get off.  I'd lose a few and gain a few and back in forth until I started running.  After that, they came off rather easily.  That GoWear device says I'm burning 15 calories per minute running at a 9 minute per mile pace.  The running is hard but it works.

I'm sure you'll get those last few pounds - you are so close and you've come so far, it will happen.
Most Active